Contract Termination: [PHI] F Ryan Johansen placed on waivers by the Flyers for the purpose of contract termination (Johansen grieving)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I meant that this isn't a situation where a guy needs a fresh start after being marred by injuries like Monahan, who has pretty much universally liked by his team mates. Johansen was lazy in Colorado and their core players didn't like his effort. Not the type of player you want around a young team.
Well not only that I'm not sure its the kind of injuries you can make better and really come back from even if the effort was there.

He was never that fast to start with, but multiple leg/ankle injuries have pretty much taken whatever was there away. No amount of effort or being a good teammate is going to fix that.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
"Why not both" meme probably fits best. He has had some pretty bad injuries over the years, the one he got in the playoffs in 2017, we thought maybe he had a ruptured achilles in last year with the Preds, but it turned out not to have been ruptured. Anyway, I don't doubt stuff has taken a toll and he is physically diminished. He claims his hip injury is too bad to play (conveniently diagnosed after being sent to the minors by Philly, despite that he could play through it with Colorado). Philly apparently accepted that. At the time in letting him not report to the AHL, later in not pursuing a buyout, and right up until he started doing dance moves at his wedding? They were ok with LTIRing him and accepting his injured status. But at the same time, spotting grounds for material breach and termination was a bonus opportunity for them to save that LTIR hassle (plus whatever leftover amount insurance wasn't covering?)

He's probably "hurting". Which lots of veteran players are. To what extent he could play through it (in his case probably very ineffectively), vs. sit out on LTIR, I don't know. But according to him and his agent he needs surgery, they have consulted on that with Philly staff and third party doctors, and he actually had hip surgery scheduled at the time of termination. So I think it's fair to believe there is indeed an injury. :dunno:
In terms of LTIR, Philly has Ellis on LTIR as well. Are they going to be able to operate u see the cap even with Ellis contract if they are successful with this termination?

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Dubois definitely used a No Movement Clause to get out of Columbus…did you watch some of his final games for the Jackets…he barely moved
No he did not. Dubois wasn't even eligible for a NTC or NMC while he was in Columbus

Players are not allowed to have these clauses during their "RFA Years", which is either less than 7 years accrued, or under the age of 27... for Dubois that ended on June 30, 2024 at teh age of 26 because he had accrued 7 NHL seasons.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
No he did not. Dubois wasn't even eligible for a NTC or NMC while he was in Columbus

Players are not allowed to have these clauses during their "RFA Years", which is either less than 7 years accrued, or under the age of 27... for Dubois that ended on June 30, 2024 at teh age of 26 because he had accrued 7 NHL seasons.
Whoosh.

PLD wasn't moving on the ice, dude! A one-player strike. He might as well have carried a sign on a stick that said "I'm done here!"

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site

Might want to get your sarcasm detector checked! ;o)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad