Confirmed Trade: [PHI/BUF] Rasmus Ristolainen for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I personally feel like it was a good deal, I know alot of people crap all over Ristolainen, but I feel once he is on a better team it will be easier to cover his weaknesses and he should be a good #3 guy(borderline 2)

Reactions: uncleben

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Did we all REALLY overestimate Ristolainen's value?

I mean, I thought he'd get a late 1st and maybe a decent prospect, so maybe we're not THAT far off, but a mid-1st is a lot better than the 23rd overall I was expecting and a mid-2nd is proabbly better than a decent prospect. Plus they get a depth piece in Hagg, who isn't that bad?

Not a lot to complain about here. Really sets the market for Seth Jones though.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Philly, you’re supposed to sign Islanders defenseman for excessive UFA deals and watch them just just get worse each year.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
This deal is going to become even funnier when Philly signs Ristolainen to a 7x7 extension :laugh:

MPbX6OD.jpg

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
13OA and a 2nd for Risto :laugh::laugh::laugh:

We defo getting top 3 pick for Strome or Buch if these are the going rates :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yeah...And based on those "going rates" then going to have to give up Lafreniere, Miller, Kravtsov, and Lundkvist for Eichel.

Nucks N Canes

Jun 22, 2011
Dahlin has been ass and a half for two years.
He was hyped up to be a generational defenseman, but other than a very solid rookie campaign, he's shown nothing that validates the elite hype. But that's not the point of this thread.
D take time to develop a true hockey fan is not evaluating D on their first 3 plus years in the league. A guy struggling on a truly shitty team would be expected.

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Ristolainen being a Gostisbehere-like defender is the worst take I've seen in a while.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
I don't even recall Garth Snow making a trade this lopsided. Maybe the Vanek debacle, but I don't think that was worse than this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad