Confirmed Trade: [PHI/BUF] Rasmus Ristolainen for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So let me get this right:

Philly rightfully dumped a shitty defenseman in Ghost, and then immediately used assets and the cap space that was freed up to replace him with another shitty defenseman?

Seems smart to me idk

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Risto will be better now that he's out of Buffalo. The first round pick is surprising, but this guy is better than what he's showed so far.

I also think that Ristolainen will blossom out in PHI, but I'm not sure was it good for PHI to give that much for him.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Thread title is misleading. Friedman has not confirmed the return and unless I missed something no one has confirmed the precise trade yet.

Edit: now I see the Flyers tweet

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
We've gotta be missing something - this seems like a horrendous deal for the Flyers.

What's the catch?

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I think Risto will play a lot better away from the shitshow that is Buffalo. But still a steep price.

Reactions: Kurtz

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I think this board is underrating Risto a bit. He really does have a great set of tools, in the right position he could develop into a #1. The fact that other gms were apparently offering 1sts should speak to it.

I wouldnt have give that up for him, but there's a small chance that in a year this trade looks good for Philly.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I don’t think this trade is that bad. This is not a draft with any high-end talent so the 13th overall will not give you a star.

I do think Ristolainen will play much better in Philly than he did in Buffalo.

This is a dumb thing to automatically assume.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad