Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [Mid-April Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
i dont think you do get it. and now youre just being combative for no reason. you chose to reply to me, and if you disagree with my reply thats fine you can state your case about morgan frost and be on your way instead youre just rude. players burning a year is far less common than playing out the 3 years.

and i dont care about frost, you brought him up i was just using your example it wasnt an invitation to have another cyclical argument. i understand your position on cutter gauthier now, thanks
I'm not being rude at all lol. You were combative with a poster who knew what they were talking about, insisted you were right, got proven wrong, and then instead of just admitting that what you said was wrong and moving on, you pivoted into this equally ridiculous argument of "well it would be great if Danny could convince Cutter do to something really stupid!"

It's all ridiculous. Cutter isn't going to / cannot play on an amateur tryout and he's not going to light money on fire by waiting till next season to sign his ELC. He's going to do what literally every other top 10 pick in this situation does. He's going to sign once his college season ends, he's going to have a year of his ELC burned and the Flyers will be happy to do so and have Cutter in the fold for a handful of games at the end of the season and/or for next year.

Hopefully he lives up to his potential. That's literally the only thing we as fans need to be worried about.

• Haha
Reactions: Larry44 and tnfrs

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
I'm not being rude at all lol. You were combative with a poster who knew what they were talking about, insisted you were right, got proven wrong, and then instead of just admitting that what you said was wrong and moving on, you pivoted into this equally ridiculous argument of "well it would be great if Danny could convince Cutter do to something really stupid!"

It's all ridiculous. Cutter isn't going to / cannot play on an amateur tryout and he's not going to light money on fire by waiting till next season to sign his ELC. He's going to do what literally every other top 10 pick in this situation does. He's going to sign once his college season ends, he's going to have a year of his ELC burned and the Flyers will be happy to do so and have Cutter in the fold for a handful of games at the end of the season and/or for next year.

Hopefully he lives up to his potential. That's literally the only thing we as fans need to be worried about.
i thought there was a scenario where he could play some games and not burn the first year, it sounds like im wrong but if there were a situation where we didnt have to burn a year of his ELC just for a handful of games at the end of the year id rather have them do that, it sounds like burning that first year really only benefits the player
i bolded the important part that you missed

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
As an observer, no that's not what were doing. You were condescending to someone despite being wrong. You certainly were implying him playing more than 1 game on an emergergency basis without getting paid. After all you said "NHL games".

And you keep saying that you would rather have him play all 3 ELC years than burning a year off for a few games. We all would. But all top drafted college guys get this done and you keep ignoring that. It's not the same as a late 1st or later guy.

We all make mistakes on here. Today you made yours. Over time you will know certain guys who know their shit and who are full of shit. He knows his shit.
Oh man, that almost makes to want to take that dude back off my ignore list.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
I had to unignore just to make sure this was still un-ironically posted
no its only ironic now because 3 days later people keep asking me about it and wont just accept that cutter gauthier chose to go back to school, the organization doesnt owe him a free pass now on a year

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
no its only ironic now because 3 days later people keep asking me about it and wont just accept that cutter gauthier chose to go back to school, the organization doesnt owe him a free pass now on a year
Yeah, yeah, for sure man, you definitely aren't arguing with people, THEY are arguing with YOU, you're just out here trying to hand out some facts, educate the people and all that. You're a very knowledgeable guy after all.

Reactions: Young Sandwich

FromOyVey2Matvei

Jul 15, 2023
Philadelphia
i bolded the important part that you missed
You're still not getting it lol.

You spent the better part of a day arguing with someone that an amateur tryout was possible. When they told you politely that wasn't the case, you just kept insisting you were right until someone finally dug up the exact language regarding amateur tryouts proving you wrong.

Then you immediately pivoted into "well it would be really cool if Danny could get him on an ELC for 3 years" and again, several people tried to tell you nicely that this simply doesn't happen these days for a 1st round pick that is going to turn 20 and is in his 2nd year of college and therefore isn't eligible to have his contract slide. And you just keep ignoring those polite posters and insisting there's a realistic way for it to happen and a reason why it would be good for Cutter when there isn't.

The only way it's going to happen is if Danny Briere is a world class hypnotist or if Cutter Gauthier decides he hates money.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
You're still not getting it lol.

You spent the better part of a day arguing with someone that an amateur tryout was possible. When they told you politely that wasn't the case, you just kept insisting you were right until someone finally dug up the exact language regarding amateur tryouts proving you wrong.

Then you immediately pivoted into "well it would be really cool if Danny could get him on an ELC for 3 years" and again, several people tried to tell you nicely that this simply doesn't happen these days for a 1st round pick that is going to turn 20 and is in his 2nd year of college and therefore isn't eligible to have his contract slide. And you just keep ignoring those polite posters and insisting there's a realistic way for it to happen and a reason why it would be good for Cutter when there isn't.

The only way it's going to happen is if Danny Briere is a world class hypnotist or if Cutter Gauthier decides he hates money.
no, i admitted i was wrong like 2 or three times, and i even apologized to the first guy for being hostile. the rest of the time has been me replying to guys like you coming late to the conversation after it was already resolved, and now you want to justify your second hand outrage by bringing it up in the worst context possible

Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
Because it's SOP for top prospects, they're not going to risk injury without a corresponding benefit.
Lesser talents are happy for the opportunity to showcase their talents, top prospects know they have a starting job waiting for them.
The point for you to argue should be : does he have enough talent to make the NHL after climbing up all the stairs from the ECHL and AHL?

They are going to be too soft for pro hockey. That's how Québec think. Not to hurt anybody.

Excusez moi Monsieur de vous avoir frapper.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The point for you to argue should be : does he have enough talent to make the NHL after climbing up all the stairs from the ECHL and AHL?

They are going to be too soft for pro hockey. That's how Québec think. Not to hurt anybody.

Hockey fights are kinda silly for the most part, maybe a half dozen players actually know how to throw punches on skates.
Now if they ban hitting . . .

Like football, you can have a lot of fierce, clean contact if players have proper fundamentals, you should be tackling with your shoulders, not your helmet, you should hit people without leaving your skates or head hunting (elbowing to the head, etc) or slamming them into the boards head first.

Reactions: Math the wild rose

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Fighting is purely optional now. It won't make them too soft.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Those junior leagues can’t handle to potential liability anymore. The majority of those kids aren’t making it to the NHL & the minority that does isn’t making it because of their fighting skills. So that majority has to function back into normal society/work force once their short hockey career is over. What’s really the cost here just so some people are entertained?

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
What happen to UVM hockey? They used to have a great program. A kid I grew up with played on the same line with St. Louis.. LeClair was a legend there
Burlington VT has gone downhill quickly and it really never offered the same experience when compared to other college towns. My wife, a former UVM student-athlete, loved it there, but even now when doing the college tours with my kids she was not impressed Added to that crime is rampant, police presence is low, to where most residents around the college area don't go out after 8 pm.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002

Exactly. This is a no brainer, burn a year away without a second thought.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Burlington VT has gone downhill quickly and it really never offered the same experience when compared to other college towns. My wife, a former UVM student-athlete, loved it there, but even now when doing the college tours with my kids she was not impressed Added to that crime is rampant, police presence is low, to where most residents around the college area don't go out after 8 pm.
That sucks to hear. I grew up in upstate ny and have a bunch of friends who went to school there and had some good times myself there

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Sorry to hear that. I spent a week there in 2003 for a work conference, and really liked the city.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Went to the Winkler Harvest Festival this last weekend in Southern Manitoba . Their rink complex is right next door so I dropped in to see what was going on and saw some 3 on 3 hockey going on . Carter Sotheran was playing . He has some long legs is the first thing I noticed . His stick handling was quite good and his IQ was decent but those bambi legs are going to need time to get up to speed .

Overall there looks like there might be some possibilities there but he looks pretty raw so the later pick looks okay on him . Imo of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad