Golf: PGA TOUR 2024 FedExCup Season

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Miles Russell missed the cut in his first PGA Tour start.

Still very impressive to shoot E over two days at 15 on the PGA Tour. Beat a number of good players and had like a field average round today. If yesterday was better he might’ve made the cut.
Been a very good week for amateur and amateur-adjacent golf. Clanton in the top 5, new pro Shipley in the top 10 along with Nick Dunlap, Ben James made the cut...

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia

Very similar game to Aberg and Hovland - his strength is with the driver, and his weakness is around the greens. Currently T4 through 36 at the John Deere. Keeping an eye on it!

Reactions: TB12

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s getting crazy how many of these college kids are contending in pro events. I don’t know what it is, but it’s something.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I was under the impression that they gave John Wood the made-up title of 'team manager' to help lessen some of the responsibilities for Tiger. Now I don't know what to think.

I'm also officially getting old as Keegan would be the first Ryder Cup captain who wasn't around when I first started following the sport. Ugh.

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
That makes literally zero sense.

Yeah, it's outside the box, but hiring like Yassir as the captain would also be outside the box. Why Keegan Bradley?

He doesn't have traditional qualifications for it, he might actually be able to make the team (which would complicate things), and things aren't exactly broke when it comes to home Ryder Cups.

I would suggest maybe that they wanted to give it to Tiger and at the last minute he wouldn't take it, so they panicked, but how do you not have a better back up plan than Keegan Bradley?

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Puts a big smile on my face seeing my guy Matteo Manassero - who was my favourite golfer between Tiger's first fall-off and Pat Reed arriving - doing very well at the Scottish Open. Feels like 2012 all over again.

The data boys are telling me he shot the round of day today while losing over 2 strokes on the greens. I always knew he was a generational talent!

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

“Aren’t we there? I’d have thought we were past there,” Montgomerie said when asked if Woods should stop playing competitively. “There is a time for all sportsmen to say goodbye, but it’s very difficult to tell Tiger it’s time to go. Obviously, he still feels he can win. We are more realistic … These guys only know Tiger Woods missing the cut and he’s better than that"

Tiger is the Magic Johnson of golf. Brilliant on the course ...

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Monty certainly will speak his mind.

It's a tough situation. He's right that Tiger can't compete anymore. Whether he should entirely just stop is even more difficult. Probably doesn't help his legacy in the short term and it's tough to watch as someone who will always root for him, but he wants to play because he enjoys trying and long term no one will care about the five or however many years he sucked.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Incredible performance Robert MacIntyre yet again. The guy is clutch down the stretch isn't he? I mean not sure what his future is but winning his home tournament and 2 PGA events in one year now. Sometimes he gets a little hot but boy can this guy play. Congratulations to him.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Incredible performance Robert MacIntyre yet again. The guy is clutch down the stretch isn't he? I mean not sure what his future is but winning his home tournament and 2 PGA events in one year now. Sometimes he gets a little hot but boy can this guy play. Congratulations to him.
Big shot Bob. It’s his nickname for a reason.

Reactions: Tofveve

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Charlie Woods is +18 at the US Juniors and he’s 13 shots off the cut line. Still has 10 holes to go, but not looking like his first big tournament will be the showcase people thought it could be.

He’s going to probably be about as good as John Daly’s son or Lebron James son unless he gets a lot better the next few years. Very good for an ordinary kid, but not able to reach the heights of their fathers. I hope people can let him be and not make him into a big storyline when he’s just an ordinary good junior golfer who will probably play D1 and then might have a small chance to go pro.

• Wow

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm trying to watch the golf today. Haven't been watching that many tournaments except from the majors recently.

Jhonny Vegas, Matt Kuchar, Mav McNealy, and Max Greyserman battling for a tournament. Sorry, but this is a tough scene. Why do I care which of them win? I think the golf season need to end with the majors. Play the Open the last week of August.

• Wow

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Kuchar’s a twat and always has been. Sometimes people forget.

He hit into the Rai group ahead, and then decided to walk off and not finish the hole.

It was dark and hard to see, and Rai is painfully slow. I don’t think he did it on purpose but still. A c**t for walking off after.

What an epic and sad collapse by Greyserman. Looked like he had it in the bag after runner up at Twin Cities, extremely solid player but blew it big time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad