Player Discussion Peyton Krebs C/LW -- Re-signed 2 years, $1.45m AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
I don't mind the value of the deal. It's a little high, but not a massive overpay.

I also don't get the focus on his 4 goals last year. He shot 5% from the 4th line, where in the previous couple seasons he was shooting 12 - 15%. At his previous average shooting percentages that 8 - 10 goals which seems pretty normal for a 4C. How many goals do people expect from a 4C? It's as if people want 20 goals from everyone which is just unrealistic. Recency bias is so extreme around here, when he could very easily get back to shooting 12 - 15%, and not 5%.

Reactions: Zman5778 and elchud

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
I don't mind the value of the deal. It's a little high, but not a massive overpay.

I also don't get the focus on his 4 goals last year. He shot 5% from the 4th line, where in the previous couple seasons he was shooting 12 - 15%. At his previous average shooting percentages that 8 - 10 goals which seems pretty normal for a 4C. How many goals do people expect from a 4C? It's as if people want 20 goals from everyone which is just unrealistic. Recency bias is so extreme around here, when he could very easily get back to shooting 12 - 15%, and not 5%.
I think the end of season run on the 3rd line is fresh in everyone's heads. He had disappointing counting stats during that part of the season, even if he was playing fine. He also started the year horrendously and was often the worst player on the ice. I just don't see who he can beat out for top 9 minutes. I know everyone wants to bag on Greenway, but Krebs cannot sniff his jock in terms of value on the ice, outside of his ability to play center.

I'm getting towards the end of my rope with Krebs and thinking he's going to be more than he is. In my eyes, he's not even really a good 4th line center at this point. Hopefully with some more competent coaching, he can get back to having some value. While Granato was the magic elixir for a lot of guys, he just couldn't unlock Krebs' game. Perhaps there's nothing to unlock however. This season will be very telling.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
I think the end of season run on the 3rd line is fresh in everyone's heads. He had disappointing counting stats during that part of the season, even if he was playing fine. He also started the year horrendously and was often the worst player on the ice. I just don't see who he can beat out for top 9 minutes. I know everyone wants to bag on Greenway, but Krebs cannot sniff his jock in terms of value on the ice, outside of his ability to play center.

I'm getting towards the end of my rope with Krebs and thinking he's going to be more than he is. In my eyes, he's not even really a good 4th line center at this point. Hopefully with some more competent coaching, he can get back to having some value. While Granato was the magic elixir for a lot of guys, he just couldn't unlock Krebs' game. Perhaps there's nothing to unlock however. This season will be very telling.
I think he did well when he kept his game simple, playing the dump and chase game with Gus and Okposo. He falls back into his bad habits though and tries to play like he's in junior again which we know doesn't work in the NHL. I think Lindy will keep him on a shorter leash which should help his consistency. If he embraces the role he could be a solid bottom 6 player, especially with his willingness to play the body which some of our younger guys shy away from. He's gotta focus on improving at the dot too.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia

I'm less worried about his goal total last year and more concerned about his ineffectiveness on any line and lack of progress since becoming a full time NHLer.

Maybe he puts it together but it will take more than a couple gritty practices.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad