Proposal: Pettersson to Buffalo

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
( If Pettersson is a the guy that needs to go and that’s a massive if )

Buffalo: Dylan Cozens, Alex Tuch and Vegas 1st

Vancouver- Elias Petterson

Vancouver gets deeper and younger while shaking up the locker room.

Buffalo adds a Eichel replacement that shares the same nationality as their franchise Dman ( not that, that would hold any value. )

member 334057

Buffalo definitely says no. Cozens is starting to show some promise, and Tuch was a guy Adams said he targeted in the Eichel trade. They have been big on having guys in the locker room that want to be there.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Seems like there isn't much upside for Buffalo here. EP has played pretty awful and has a large contract, no way they give one of their top young guys + the valuable pieces that Eichel returned for him.

Reactions: TML1990

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
A few bad games and VAN trades a young 1C at at discount, hf never change...

I like Cozens but he is two years younger than Pettersson and does not project close to what Pettersson has shown. Nylander had a bad year when contract negotiations made him miss months of training, Pettersson has missed training camp he will come back to his old self except if there is something we don't know about his injury from last year.

Reactions: Benstheman

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Seems like there isn't much upside for Buffalo here. EP has played pretty awful and has a large contract, no way they give one of their top young guys + the valuable pieces that Eichel returned for him.

How many guys have we seen producing at close to a PPG at 21/22 and never coming back from a down season ?

PS : Cozens is 2 years younger than Pettersson and the 1st from VGK should be quite late...

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Lol? Really? I don't mean to sound like a d*ck but that is way too many assets for a 23 yr. old who's barely .50 PPG.

Sabres are trying to get younger not expedite the process with another disgruntled player who may be a marginal statistical improvement.

I mean, Cozens might be as good now or end up as good. Tuch is a Sabres fan who wants to be here and hasn't even played a game. That'd be dirty to do. These two players also are probably the only players with any drop of leadership.

Take away the 1st and I still wouldn't do it for a marginally better or similar player statistically versus 3 prime assets who probably wouldn't embrace being traded to Buffalo anyway tbh.

:laugh::laugh:*I just reread this. Yeah I know 23 yrs. isn't old but I'm speaking about cost control/timelines/windows and Cozens is 3 years younger and the 1st cost controlled, fits what Buffalo wants to do more.

Last edited:

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
If you're Buffalo trading for Pettersson, I would think Tuch is a player they would envision playing alongside him on their top line...

Plus, the Canucks seem to have a glaring need at RD, so...

To Buffalo: Pettersson

To Vancouver: Cozens, Miller, L.V.'s 2022 1st

Buffalo get a 1C

Vancouver get a young forward with lots of upside in Cozens, a veteran RD on an expiring contract, plus a 2022 1st. They also get some additional cap space

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Buffalo adds a Eichel replacement that shares the same nationality as their franchise Dman ( not that, that would hold any value. )

No way Buffalo does this.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
Lol? Really? I don't mean to sound like a d*ck but that is way too many assets for a 23 yr. old who's barely .50 PPG.

Sabres are trying to get younger not expedite the process with another disgruntled player who may be a marginal statistical improvement.

I mean, Cozens might be as good now or end up as good. Tuch is a Sabres fan who wants to be here and hasn't even played a game. That'd be dirty to do. These two players also are probably the only players with any drop of leadership.

Take away the 1st and I still wouldn't do it for a marginally better or similar player statistically versus 3 prime assets who probably wouldn't embrace being traded to Buffalo anyway tbh.

:laugh::laugh:*I just reread this. Yeah I know 23 yrs. isn't old but I'm speaking about cost control/timelines/windows and Cozens is 3 years younger and the 1st cost controlled, fits what Buffalo wants to do more.

No, you don't sound like a dick, just an idiot. I failed college algebra but I can tell you that 162 points in 181 career games is closer to 1PPG than it is 0.50PPG. Cozens MIGHT be a decent 2c if everything pans out. Pettersson is probably an elite 2C at worst. I don't have a dog in this fight but I can tell you, looking at the assets moving, I'd take Pettersson all day over the 3 pieces Buffalo would be giving up.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
As a Sabre fan I wouldn't be against including Cozens in the deal but not a fan of Cozens, and Tuch and a first. As a high hopes as some have for Cozens, it isn't as a high as Pettersson has already demonstrated.

Perhaps we can swap Tuch out for another young prospect? Like a Asplund or a Ruotsalianen.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

LongWayDown37

Mar 8, 2006
Maybe not that original deal, but I'd definitely play ball with Cozens to get Petterson. I'd rather not trade Tuch. How about Cozens and Ryan Johnson and a 2022 2nd (should be a high 2nd).

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

no

Tuch is from WNY and not getting traded.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
No, you don't sound like a dick, just an idiot. I failed college algebra but I can tell you that 162 points in 181 career games is closer to 1PPG than it is 0.50PPG. Cozens MIGHT be a decent 2c if everything pans out. Pettersson is probably an elite 2C at worst. I don't have a dog in this fight but I can tell you, looking at the assets moving, I'd take Pettersson all day over the 3 pieces Buffalo would be giving up.

WTF on Cozens….he has played 56 NHL games and is just 20.

his last three games he played regularly against Mcdavid, matthews, and Crosby and did pretty good.

Rey

Jan 11, 2007
lol. I think you have to wait one year and look at how stupid this proposal is . Whether you like it or not , Petersson is worth more than that.

It doesn’t matter that he’s been shit this year . The league still has impression of his first two years in the league.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Cozens was matched up against McDavid, Matthews and Crosby in his last three games. He had 2G+1A in those three games as well as pretty amazing advanced stats.
And he did it with Caggiula and Hinostroza as his wings. No f***ing way Buffalo trades him at this point.

Also, the Sabres have Mittelstadt, who looked like a 1C ever since Granato took over before his injury in the season opener.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Buffalo fans understand the whole "give to get" idea. Believe me, we get it.

But I think you'll find the overwhelming majority of Sabres fans unwilling to trade Cozens for anything short of an absolute star. Pettersson is good. Very good. But I don't think he's the type of guy we trade Cozens for.

And we just got "local boy" Tuch. He's going nowhere. At all.

THAT SAID, the value for the trade is just fine......even if the exact pieces make no sense for the Sabre.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver

I don’t mean to sound like a dick but a 20 year old that barely is averaging 30 points, a 25 year old that’s only scored more than 40 points once in his career and a late 1st is way too little. Pettersson at 20 was basically ppg at 66 points in 68 games! The 2 guys we are trading him for combined barely match pettersson’s production and a late first?!?

see what I did there? Not hard to spin it to sound bad but at least I’m not using a 16 game sample size like you are to do so. You must believe Troy terry is a top 5 forward in this league too or you know you’re being an obvious troll

Last edited:

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
WTF on Cozens….he has played 56 NHL games and is just 20.

his last three games he played regularly against Mcdavid, matthews, and Crosby and did pretty good.
Lol when the only defence for a player is but he’s played nhl games at a young age.

is there anything else? Brandon sutter played at a young age and against good comp too, look how he turned out.

there needs to be more of a reason besides he’s played 56 games is 20 years old and has played against top players and in your opinion, did pretty good against them. Something which was never measured in any quantifiable way on how he did good against them either

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad