Proposal: Pettersson to Buffalo

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Two disappointing Swedes. I could see that being a change of scenery deal next summer.

IMO that’s the only sensible and maybe even realistic deal worth discussing in here (Dahlin/Pettersson). Change of scenery for both guys. Think it actually could benefit both teams.

Reactions: Cogburn

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Would love to get Petterson. That'd be a high cost. Wish Vancouver was in the Eichel or Reinhart trade discussions when they were available.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
EP looks totally lost. His game tonight vs the Avs was a train wreck of bad decisions and many examples of lost confidence. He sucks right now.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
If you're Buffalo trading for Pettersson, I would think Tuch is a player they would envision playing alongside him on their top line...

Plus, the Canucks seem to have a glaring need at RD, so...

To Buffalo: Pettersson

To Vancouver: Cozens, Miller, L.V.'s 2022 1st

Buffalo get a 1C

Vancouver get a young forward with lots of upside in Cozens, a veteran RD on an expiring contract, plus a 2022 1st. They also get some additional cap space

This is the only proposal that you’ve posted that doesn’t make me want to :banghead:

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
No one seriously questions Pettersson's ability and value.

But Buffalo seems to be on a good path now, finally.
With a crippled roster they have managed to stay afloat due to young players developing, veterans overachieving and as a team playing organized hockey. And there's plenty of reinforcements on the way. That is a good sign.

Also, given how the last attempt to speed up a rebuild went, the Sabres should be quite cautious in that regard.

On the Vancouver side of things I see very little reason why they should give up on their young franchise center unless there's some serious reason to do so, e. g. a trade request on his part or something like that.

Orange Fanta

Jun 22, 2016
and Troy Terry has 21 points in 16 games. Does that make him a top 5 forward in the league? Craig Anderson has better stats than Demko, does that make him better?
Troy terry could end up a top 10 forward but i don't think elias is worse just that value wise atm cozens is on an upward trajectory while elias is downward. Cozens might not be dynamic/flashy like pettersson but us a play driver in his own right and looks to have the makings of a 1c in the future

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
A deal around eichel would’ve made more sense, potentially… Canucks are already out of it so having to wait another 4 months would’ve been do able.

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
Elite #1C are impossible to get, unless you draft them. If Petterson was on the table, Buffalo would be stupid not to try land him, especially with all the assets they've built up. Sure Petterson isn't playing well right now, but the guy has elite talent.
After an eternity of seeing this about Eichel from the fanbase, it is almost surreal to have the same narrative ensue concerning the Sabre.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Doubt BUF accepts. It's not the value, but EP's motivation.

VAN is a much better team and seems to have regressed significantly with all the losses. BUF is among the worst choices to send a disgruntled player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad