Confirmed with Link: Pettersson Signs 8 Year Deal with the Vancouver Canucks, AAV $11.6M

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Sportsnet reporting that the Canucks front office was stunned when Pettersson said at his end-of-season presser that he'd been playing with a knee problem since February.

So if Allvin and Rutherford didn't know anything about it--then you can assume that the Canucks training and athletic staff didn't know anything about it either.

What's going on here? Is this just an excuse, or a player who doesn't trust the medical staff? About all you can say for certain, is that there appears to be some sort of serious 'communication issue' between Pettersson's camp and the Canucks.

Tocchet literally said that he, Petey, and the training staff were "working through it" to "keep him playing".

So yes, they obviously knew about it.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Tocchet literally said that he, Petey, and the training staff were "working through it" to "keep him playing".

So yes, they obviously knew about it.

Ya and it's not alarming enough to hold a press conference with our Ortho and Chiro.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Not convinced he's here to start next year
There might be something there.
Petey's demise started shortly after he signed his contract.
We have been hearing a lot about IF Hronek had term he would have more trade value.
What if that is Petey's situation now.
Neither team could make changes that big while both were in playoff hunts but maybe something after has already been set up?
For Petey he just might have felt really bad and Necas the opposite which in a way is how both performed AFTER Petey's signing.
No doubt there would be more than just Necas coming back, likely more than EP going that way too.

Rumours were Necas, Kotkaniemi and more, Nikishin, ... picks

IF Necas did get 7 mil then his and Kot's cap hit is the same as EP's. Kot might be a blown 3rd over all but he does score some and plays center. I bet Maholtra can teach them to win FO's.

IMO if they did do this then likely they go for Guntzel to play with Necas at center.

Getting 3 players back might add to the overall skill level, reduce the cap, add a pick, add size, add youth, add ???

It would be a game changer, this market would explode BUT one 100 point player has never won anything in Vancouver over the last 8 years. But a possible four or five 75 - 100 pt players could really make a difference. Especially if the defence is enlarged even more.

• Haha
Reactions: rypper

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Where are these four or five 75-100 point players coming from?
I listed them but will again.
Miller, Hughes, Boeser maybe, Necas, Crouse, Guenzel (if signed with all the extra cap space)
But do they need four or five even?

The team certainly played without Boeser, Pettersson or Hronke contributing like 50 point players the last half of the season and to game 7 in the second round of the real season.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
People actually wanting that pile of crap that Carolina offered is completely insane.

Kotka has negative value. Necas apparently wants 7.5M to score 40 ES points, less than Garland. Nikishin was never offered, that was always fan fantasy.

Pettersson will be back to scoring 100 points next season while Carolina dumpster dives this summer and pulls out Pavelski or something.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
People actually wanting that pile of crap that Carolina offered is completely insane.

Kotka has negative value. Necas apparently wants 7.5M to score 40 ES points, less than Garland. Nikishin was never offered, that was always fan fantasy.

Pettersson will be back to scoring 100 points next season while Carolina dumpster dives this summer and pulls out Pavelski or something.
I agree that a Pettersson trade was never going to be an equal value return. But I also do t think there is anyway Carolina gets that trade done with Nikishin invoked.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

With the overreactions in this thread

You would think that this is a Mitch Marner thread

aquaweenie

Feb 23, 2024
Overthinking it.

As long as they keep monitoring his skating mechanics and surrounding tissues there is no real danger of further injury.

The only real symptom is severe pain.

They thought they could manage the pain or that he could play through it.

Also I think they factored in the fact that there is no guarantee the issue clears for playoffs.

edit. What did Tocchet exactly say about his practice habits?
I remember Tocch saying stuff like he (Petey) wouldn’t be able to go easy in the last weeks of the regular season and then crank it up in the playoffs that Petey needed to practice and play hard leading into the playoffs so he’s in gear.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I remember Tocch saying stuff like he (Petey) wouldn’t be able to go easy in the last weeks of the regular season and then crank it up in the playoffs that Petey needed to practice and play hard leading into the playoffs so he’s in gear.
Where was this?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

I'm a big Necas fan myself but that's besides the point. The reports make it sound like that Carolina's offer was significant enough to make management think about trading Petey. So it wasn't an underwhelming offer but more of an overwhelming one. It sounds like Carolina made a serious run at Petey and they were willing to part with a significant package.

If it starts with Necas, what kind of offer would make management seriously think about dealing Petey? Assuming they're not trading Aho, Necas + one of Svechnikov/Jarvis ++? If Svechnikov/Jarvis isn't included what could Carolina include to entice the Canucks if no Nikishin? Like you said, Kotka has negative value and their best D are UFAs same with Teravainen (who isn't young). Their first round pick is a late one.

What do you think Carolina offered?

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Ya and it's not alarming enough to hold a press conference with our Ortho and Chiro.
Really hope the team doesn't hire a chiro. Evidence based medicine is important. Also this isn't just hate for chiropractors. I also hope they don't have any exorcists or shamans on the medical staff.

Edit: googled it and the team has chiropractors... disappointing

Reactions: Flik and pitseleh

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Really hope the team doesn't hire a chiro. Evidence based medicine is important. Also this isn't just hate for chiropractors. I also hope they don't have any exorcists or shamans on the medical staff.

A good chiro is a good dr, and will specialize in certain parts of the body. The problem is chiro in general gets a bad name from some practitioners who practice poorly. I have been told that there is basically a handful of really good schools out there then bad ones that preach things that are not good, and practices that are also not good.

Find a god one... who is just running a scam and you will see.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

I think a good chiro can work wonders for certain back injuries. It has helped me in the past.

Did you miss the press conference discussing Tanner Pearson's injury?

1717538309678.jpeg

Reactions: racerjoe

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
A good chiro is a good dr, and will specialize in certain parts of the body. The problem is chiro in general gets a bad name from some practitioners who practice poorly. I have been told that there is basically a handful of really good schools out there then bad ones that preach things that are not good, and practices that are also not good.

chiro is total quackery. it's about aligning auras and other pseudo science garbage

some DOs are decent doctors but mostly the ones who went the DO route because they couldn't get into medical school. any DO who is practicing chiropractics isn't someone worth seeing tho

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
chiro is total quackery. it's about aligning auras and other pseudo science garbage

some DOs are decent doctors but mostly the ones who went the DO route because they couldn't get into medical school. any DO who is practicing chiropractics isn't someone worth seeing tho
the difference between good and bad chiro is insane. bad chiro are basically leeches that can do harm to your body. I've seen both and good chiros are like crazy hard to find. I used to go to one in LA and he was like a saint, he fixed issues with my back that no chiro/physio/phsyical/occupational therapists was able to fix before.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019

All the good evidence based maneuvers they do are things a physiatrist or physical therapist can do. They just add on a bunch of nonsense that actually causes more harm than good. As a doctor I've seen severe life changing injuries from chiropractors.

When you say some are good some are bad that's part of the problem, they don't have strong evidence based guidelines and treatment modalities the way doctors do for the core chiropractic stuff. The rehabbing and recovery medicine is all physiatry. Had a vertebral dissection patient from a chiropractor. They didn't have a good outcome to put it lightly. I'm sure there's great witch doctors out there and there's bad ones that hurt people. When there aren't standards of care I'm not recommending them to my patients. (Nor am I telling patients not to go to one if they so choose, but evidence matters if I'm prescribing or advising people to get something).

This is very off topic tho. Just hope if they are rehabbing people, they base their treatments on evidence. I'm sure the team hires good people who dont do the quackery side of it...or hope so

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

You honestly know nothing on the topic from your reply...

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
You honestly know nothing on the topic from your reply...

the whole theoretical basic of chiropractic is that pressure on the nerves from subtle misalignments causes a whole cornucopia of medical issues. the problem is that we can actually measure nerve function and there's absolutely zero experimental evidence that this is true. beyond that, we have actual effective medical treatment for nerve impingement and it doesn't look anything like chiropractic

are there theoretical benefits to spinal and joint adjustments? yes. should we use chiropractic "expertise" as a guide for those adjustments? absolutely f***ing not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad