Proposal: Petry + for Chychrun

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
weve been discussing this as a base on Habs twitter and I think we can come to something that would make sense for both teams with this as the base of the deal,,

:habs

Chychrun
Crouse

:coyotes

Petry (retained at 15%)
2023 1st round pick
Ylonen
Norlinder
Tuch

the Habs get Chychrun who is a solid D having a bad year and can prob rebound playing with the youngsters that will be coming up with MTL. They also get Crouse who is sort of a failed 1st rounder but has size

the Yotes get Petry who has been a stud other than this year and he wants to play in the USA. He has shown that other than this year age will not slow him down and Habs will retain some cap. The Yotes also get another 1st round pick and some really nice prospects in Ylonen and norlinder and tuch. Tuch they can prob flip to Buffalo for a late 1st as they will likely pay more for the Buffalo boy so that's basically like adding a late 1st/early 2nd to the trade

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
It's a bad deal for Arizona. But made significantly worse by throwing in Crouse as just "a failed 1st rounder but has size."

Crouse isn't just some 3rd line nobody. Every Coyotes fan would immediately tell you that. If you want this thread to go anywhere, remove Crouse from the deal. He's not a throw in.

Last edited:

staveNsteel

Jan 18, 2021
As a Habs fan, this is a bad deal for Arizona.. a 23yr old 1D and a 24yr old bigger player that, when put in a situation to play 18ish mins a night has proven very productive.

That 2023 1st should be a high pick, but unless it's top 3, I'll take Chychrun over anyone 4 on and the prospects are ok, but let's be real, they're all B/C level guys.. just because you add more of them, doesn't make them an A

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
Not a lot for the coyotes at first blush but if that 2023 1st is unprotected it might be the killer asset here. It depends whether you think the Habs will be in the basement again next year. Two high probability lottery picks for Bedard could be franchise changing.

But in reality, virtually no one trades unprotected picks these days.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Why'd a rebuilding Coyotes want Petry and some mid level prospects as a base for Chychrun. Tuch isn't worth a late 1st.

The 2023 could be a top 5 pick but it'd have to be this years first from Montreal to be a real base.

Reactions: Nowotny

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
He has shown that other than this year age will not slow him down

This seems like a contradiction. Just because Petry played well last year doesn't mean age isn't slowing him down now, a year later.

Petry has no value to Arizona, even if he can return to his previous level for the remainder of his contract. Then again, Chychrun, the guy you want, is having a down year in Arizona. So what makes you think Petry will fare any better? He has 3 years left on his contract. Arizona won't be competing for the cup at any point in the next 3 years. Why would Petry even want to go there? If he wants to play in the US, there are many better options.

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
Don't think two rebuilding teams are good trading partners. Would keep the 2023 tst round pick as I think it will be at least top 10 (and the 2023 draft project to have a great top 10).

If i was Arizona I would aim for either of Caufield or Guhle to be included + other pieces which doesn't make sense for the Habs.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Yeah, I don't think this is good value for Arizona. Also, absolutely not worth MTL losing a shot at Bedard or Michkov next year considering our long term rebuilding goals.

Reactions: KevSkillz4

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Bad for Arizona and bad for MTL because of a potentially Bedard//Michkov pick (we need to trade Petry for picks and prospects), like Chiarot, Lehkonen, and more.

MTL need to be bad this year and next year.

Last edited:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
It's a bad deal for Arizona. But made significantly worse by throwing in Crouse as just a "a failed 1st rounder but has size."

Crouse isn't just some 3rd line nobody. Every Coyotes fan would immediately tell you that. If you want this thread to go anywhere, remove Crouse from the deal. He's not a throw in.
on the habs he immediately merits a first rounder as a return.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Not a lot for the coyotes at first blush but if that 2023 1st is unprotected it might be the killer asset here. It depends whether you think the Habs will be in the basement again next year. Two high probability lottery picks for Bedard could be franchise changing.

But in reality, virtually no one trades unprotected picks these days.
Agreed, the Habs pick is a pretty good reason Arizona considers this. The Petry contract is bad but the Coyotes are taking on salary anway to reach the cap floor. He is at least a serviceeable RHD (hopefully he doesnt keep declining). Probably too much stuff.

Take out Crouse and Tuch.

Pick has to be unprotected though.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I find it hard to believe this would be the best offer AZ receives or is better than an offer they have received.

I don’t even understand why Petry is involved but I doubt anyone could put together a package anywhere close to an almost guaranteed lottery pick in a draft where there’ supposed to be at least one generational center and possible 3 superstar as well.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Bad for Arizona and bad for MTL because of a potentially winning game with Jakob Chychrun. (we need to trade Petry for picks and prospects), like Chiarot, Lehkonen, and more.

MTL need to be bad this year and next year.
yes 100% and being bad for two years is not a bad thing . 2 top three picks added to young core would be awesome. i'd hate to think we gave away bedard for chycryn

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
weve been discussing this as a base on Habs twitter and I think we can come to something that would make sense for both teams with this as the base of the deal,,

:habs

Chychrun
Crouse

:coyotes

Petry (retained at 15%)
2023 1st round pick
Ylonen
Norlinder
Tuch

the Habs get Chychrun who is a solid D having a bad year and can prob rebound playing with the youngsters that will be coming up with MTL. They also get Crouse who is sort of a failed 1st rounder but has size

the Yotes get Petry who has been a stud other than this year and he wants to play in the USA. He has shown that other than this year age will not slow him down and Habs will retain some cap. The Yotes also get another 1st round pick and some really nice prospects in Ylonen and norlinder and tuch. Tuch they can prob flip to Buffalo for a late 1st as they will likely pay more for the Buffalo boy so that's basically like adding a late 1st/early 2nd to the trade
this is a playstation trade. Az has 0 interest in petry and mtl is not giving up that 1st in 2023. no chance. you're also giving up mtl's better 2 young forward prospects at a time they're trying to rebuild. AND i'm sure yotes can do better from a team close to the cup that's ready to empty their prospect pool

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Arizona absolutely laughs Kent Hughes off the phone and then goes around and tells the rest of the league about it.

You think this is the best the Coyotes could do?? A 34 year old defenceman having a terrible season on a long-term contract? Why would they even want that? And no other high-end prospects?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Insultingly bad for ARI. Petry is the exact opposite of what they are looking for. And I say this as a non Crouse fan.

Reactions: Nowotny

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad