Peterborough Petes 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Oggie Ogoltorp

Oct 4, 2024
It's just where you are in the cycle. 16 and 17 year old kids arent supposed to win in an 18-20 year old league. You have a lot of kids that are good and you are playing them. That is going to reap huge benefits next year and beyond. You have a coach with job security so he can do this. He tasted a championship and likely wants another one. Anyone can coach a bunch of vets to the playoffs but to win you have to go all in - that takes a proper build then buying the rest at the right time.
You will get another high end pick this year and I bet in 2-3 years you will be happy with your team. Like Sarnia there are going to be growing pains. Every team not named London Knights goes through this in some form especially ones that went all in like Pete's did. Some never go all in and stay consistent. It worked out for the Pete's.
Show me a coach that has a lot of vets and Ill show you a coach that consistently makes the playoffs. Most of them never win a thing but it is job security. Trust this process as they say. Just throw popcorn at Oke I'm sure he will catch it, give you a thumbs up and eat it.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I just listened to an interview with Iron Mike, and it reminded me that I think the Pats have the most NHL coaches that have gone through the system.

I realize that that was then, and this is now, but can some of you younger members remind us of why that was?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad