Peterborough Petes 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
We will be 0-9 after next weekend. Hope they consider some sort of change.
What can they even change? The coach is five games into an 8-year contract. The "change" will be an overage player moved out which will have minimal impact on the ice, aside from less of a chance of stealing one if it is in fact Sztuska dealt.

They could add a forward or two to give the team a chance but can't pay too much from the future when they're still two years away from serious contention.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
What can they even change? The coach is five games into an 8-year contract. The "change" will be an overage player moved out which will have minimal impact on the ice, aside from less of a chance of stealing one if it is in fact Sztuska dealt.

They could add a forward or two to give the team a chance but can't pay too much from the future when they're still two years away from serious contention.
Won’t be any change. The only change has to be the players playing better. Need to see some type of improvement from last year some guys haven’t even scored yet

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

HabsPetes119

Sep 22, 2024
Won’t be any change. The only change has to be the players playing better. Need to see some type of improvement from last year some guys haven’t even scored yet
Ya unfortunately there is not really any changes that can be made. They are locked into hoping some of these kids actually figure it out don't see it happening this year. Tired of seeing so much uninspired hockey. Taylor is basically unplayable right now. McCallum has cleaned it up but since then his effort has also seemed to drop significantly. Addy and young are usually complete non factors. Even someone like strohack just looks like he is coasting out there while we need him to make an impact physically. Only chance of a win this weekend is if one of the goalies win us a 2-1 or 1-0 game

Reactions: WillardJFredricks

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Ya unfortunately there is not really any changes that can be made. They are locked into hoping some of these kids actually figure it out don't see it happening this year. Tired of seeing so much uninspired hockey. Taylor is basically unplayable right now. McCallum has cleaned it up but since then his effort has also seemed to drop significantly. Addy and young are usually complete non factors. Even someone like strohack just looks like he is coasting out there while we need him to make an impact physically. Only chance of a win this weekend is if one of the goalies win us a 2-1 or 1-0 game
This team is built around Addy, Taylor, Cameron and Young they are all the key building blocks the teams success will depend on how they develop

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Anyone thinks it’s odd they got Sztuska new goalie equipment if they have to trade him in a month?
I am starting to think they may keep him as their third overage. Who is out amongst the forwards if that happens, I don’t know? I don’t think it is Jonathan Melee though.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
Mind boggling they’d have marentette playing forward and cadorin scratched. 2 themes I’m seeing last 2 years is taking too many penalties while also being near the bottom in powerplay goals. Powerplay hasn’t looked good through 5 games so far and wasn’t good at all last year
The power play has looked awful for years. Even when they were loaded with talent it didn't look great (I'd have to look into the numbers to be sure). They could certainly use a LOT of PP work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad