Peterborough Petes 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I guess Liam Sztuska gets the next two starts.
that should be enough to showcase him for a trade to London.......but London may want him sooner (Willmore's rough start to the season continues as he gives up 5 to Brampton before being pulled half way through the 2nd period tonight)

Reactions: Section5Petes

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
On the surface no but I think Ula has potential and needs to be developed as does Marentette.
Why does Marentette need to be developed, especially at the expense of Gowan? Gowan has played four games, has two points, has been one of the better defenders already and shown a strong two way game. He's only -1 on this disaster of a team. He was a high pick with big talent and upside.

Marentette is a late round pick, who is strong and... what else? He's the 8th DMan and that's what he should be, he's a borderline OHL player at best. You do not under any circumstances need to prioritize his development over Gowan and having him in the lineup over him makes you a worse team on the ice.

I think Gowan must have some sort of injury or this is coaching malpractice.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Gowan is one of only five OHL defenseman selected, one of only 14 in Canada for the U17 tournament to represent Canada, literally this afternoon

Coach Wilson: "Nah, gotta play this other guy, he has long hair and can swing his stick at guys.'

There has to be something more than a healthy scratch.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Why does Marentette need to be developed, especially at the expense of Gowan? Gowan has played four games, has two points, has been one of the better defenders already and shown a strong two way game. He's only -1 on this disaster of a team. He was a high pick with big talent and upside.

Marentette is a late round pick, who is strong and... what else? He's the 8th DMan and that's what he should be, he's a borderline OHL player at best. You do not under any circumstances need to prioritize his development over Gowan and having him in the lineup over him makes you a worse team on the ice.

I think Gowan must have some sort of injury or this is coaching malpractice.
You could have said the same thing about Stevie Leskovar and he became an OHL player.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Gowan is one of only five OHL defenseman selected, one of only 14 in Canada for the U17 tournament to represent Canada, literally this afternoon

Coach Wilson: "Nah, gotta play this other guy, he has long hair and can swing his stick at guys.'

There has to be something more than a healthy scratch.
Probably didn’t follow the coaches around like a lost dog all summer so this is his punishment.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
I realize it's early and they're still very young, but when do you think we'll see some development from Young, Addy and Taylor? They were 1rst round picks and big prizes in the trades last year. It would be nice to see any sort of impact from at least one of them. Taylor has an impact, but it's negative with his turnovers and unwillingness to engage physically in order to score or get a chance. He just wants to stay on the periphery.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
I realize it's early and they're still very young, but when do you think we'll see some development from Young, Addy and Taylor? They were 1rst round picks and big prizes in the trades last year. It would be nice to see any sort of impact from at least one of them. Taylor has an impact, but it's negative with his turnovers and unwillingness to engage physically in order to score or get a chance. He just wants to stay on the periphery.
Taylor has the skills to be an absolute stud but that won’t be until he grows up and learns that skill means nothing without putting in effort.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Taylor has the skills to be an absolute stud but that won’t be until he grows up and learns that skill means nothing without putting in effort.
He's going to score 40+ goals one of these years and still might be a net negative if he doesn't turn the rest of his game around.

I was surprised the team didn't acknowledge Scott Barney at all last night (unless I missed it).

Examiner says Gowan was ill, so at least it wasn't a healthy scratch.

I don't know how this team wins. The best bet is a game like last night and Sztuska steals it but even at that he may not be long for the roster, though if one of our OA forwards is suspended at all times that will help. I hated the hit by Lefebvre and to be honest hope he does get a couple games for it. Just a stupid decision.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
He will get drafted this year and the NHL team he gets drafted to should tell him some stuff to work on. I think he can hit 30 goals this year and maybe 50 points. Not bad numbers at all by a dy player.

In my opinion he along with guys like Hopkins, griffin, Nesbitt, kostuch are all guys that will be great at 18/19. Not necessarily this year. They’ll be way better this year then when they were rookies however still a lot to work on.

I’d be more worried about young and addy.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
What exactly is Faulkner’s role on this team? He’s yet to score a goal in 69 games he’s definitely not back next year as a OA yet you have Cardorin who’s a 07 scratched. Also what’s with the discipline with this team and past teams Wilson has coached? First in the league this year so far third last year and fifth the year before. They’ve been a top 5 team in penalty minutes for the last 5 seasons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad