Peterborough Petes 2024 - 25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Reactions: Section5Petes

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
One of the best players I've ever seen for the Petes. Man, he was good. Sandwiched in between 2 championship seasons.
He was one of the best Petes ever. He was drafted in the 4th round in 1993. This draft was Dick Todd’s last draft as general manager. In his rookie season (18 years old) he had two defensive forwards as his wingers after the trade deadline and still managed to get 93 points in 62 games. The next season he followed up with 99 points in 62 games.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
He was one of the best Petes ever. He was drafted in the 4th round in 1993. This draft was Dick Todd’s last draft as general manager. In his rookie season (18 years old) he had two defensive forwards as his wingers after the trade deadline and still managed to get 93 points in 62 games. The next season he followed up with 99 points in 62 games.
And the way he played in the '95 playoffs when they upset Oshawa...wow. I think it was 22 points in 11 playoff games.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Who are the other banners - Redmond, Pronger, Murphy, Gainey, Yzerman, Neilson, Bowman, Todd, Colin Campbell?
Those are the nine. They need to honour other players and coaches such as Jason Dawe, Mike Ricci, Andre Lacriox, Wayne Connelly, Doug Jarvis and Gary Green

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I can’t understand how Yzerman and Pronger aren’t in the Peterborough sports hall of fame.
There are very few former Petes who are not from Peterborough in the Peterborough Sports Hall of Fame. There are several legendary Petes who are not from Peterborough that should be in the Hall of Fame such as Wayne Connelly, Andre Lacriox, Larry Murphy, Chris Pronger and Mike Ricci to name a few.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad