Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
You have 15 forwards signed, don’t need another?
It’s about upgrading on what we currently have. The ones at the bottom of the roster are not everyday OHL players.

Why do you feel the need to monitor every teams thread and tell there fans they are wrong for any idea they throw out there?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
It’s about upgrading on what we currently have. The ones at the bottom of the roster are not everyday OHL players.

Why do you feel the need to monitor every teams thread and tell there fans they are wrong for any idea they throw out there?
where did I tell you your wrong? I’m asking questions. I don’t get the need for teams to sign 18 players if the 18th player isn’t good enough anyways, so I ask questions, what’s wrong with that?

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
where did I tell you your wrong? I’m asking questions. I don’t get the need for teams to sign 18 players if the 18th player isn’t good enough anyways, so I ask questions, what’s wrong with that?
Well does the education package not take affect until they play one game in the regular season?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Well does the education package not take affect until they play one game in the regular season?
depends, exhibition game can be negotiated.

But why take the kids ncaa options away just to cut him after a game?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
depends, exhibition game can be negotiated.

But why take the kids ncaa options away just to cut him after a game?
No, I get that. I’m just wondering if there are players on the roster currently (who played here last year) who only signed for a year or two of schooling who they’d be willing to upgrade on before the start of the season.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
No, I get that. I’m just wondering if there are players on the roster currently (who played here last year) who only signed for a year or two of schooling who they’d be willing to upgrade on before the start of the season.
Very interested on this as well because there definitely feels like there are some replacement level players on this roster

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Very interested on this as well because there definitely feels like there are some replacement level players on this roster
To me it would depend on the cost. London tends to want more than market value for their unproven/extra players. If the Petes could get him for 4th or 5th but anything involving a 2nd or 3rd would be (in my opinion) not worthwhile. I would rather use those assets for a more proven player.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022

Which players are you referring to?

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Which players are you referring to?
The players that could be on the bubble are the older players that are not in the top nine. I do not include Quinton Page in that list. My choice would be to go with the younger players such as Adam Levac and Francis Parish in that role instead of 18 or 19 year olds.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Not a great showing for Johnston so far. Not sure I’d trust a Bowen Johnston tandem if they deal Stzsuka. Don’t trust Rye either

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Not a great showing for Johnston so far. Not sure I’d trust a Bowen Johnston tandem if they deal Stzsuka. Don’t trust Rye either
I am starting think maybe we will keep Liam Sztuska and trade one of the overage forwards. However I don’t think it will be Chase Lefebvre. I think he could be this year’s Jax Dubois with five goals in three exhibition games.

Reactions: Ogie Junior

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I am starting think maybe we will keep Liam Sztuska and trade one of the overage forwards. However I don’t think it will be Chase Lefebvre. I think he could be this year’s Jax Dubois with five goals in three exhibition games.
I doubt it. None of the overage forwards have much value. Maybe Melee but most teams have guys that are better or if they don’t there’s guys that they can get who are better then what the petes have.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
I doubt it. None of the overage forwards have much value. Maybe Melee but most teams have guys that are better or if they don’t there’s guys that they can get who are better then what the petes have.
However if the Petes decide they need to keep Liam Sztuska as one of their overages they will have to trade one of their overage forwards. I Do not know who or what we could get in a trade.If Chase Lefebvre continues the way he is playing in the preseason in the regular he is likely is not going to be traded. My hope is that Zach Bowen can handle the starting position and we can trade Sztuska and keep the three overage forwards.

Last edited:

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Anyone got Dylan Lee-Stacks #?
I don’t think it is time to push the panic button. I honestly believe that Zach Bowen is a quality goaltender that can carry the load. However I am certain that the Petes will keep Liam Sztuska as one of their overagers if there is no one else is able to the starting goaltender.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Johnston needs too work on his game in jra he's not ready
In all likelihood our goaltenders for this year will be either Liam Sztusta or Zach Bowen as the starter with Easton Rye as the back-up. My hope is Bowen can be our number one so we can keep the three overage forwards but if can’t we need to keep Sztuska.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
In all likelihood our goaltenders for this year will be either Liam Sztusta or Zach Bowen as the starter with Easton Rye as the back-up. My hope is Bowen can be our number one so we can keep the three overage forwards but if can’t we need to keep Sztuska.
Id say chances of keeping Sztuska are almost 0. If they keep him then Bowen will want out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad