GDT: Peter Chiarelli Media Availability

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Not putting him down. I'm saying he wouldn't garner that many points and would still be in McDavid's shadows. My argument is valid and straight to the point. THis is all "what if's" and fantasies we want to see but it's not ever gonna happen.

I'll rephrase respectfully, 'putting down what he brings as a hockey player'.
Being in McDavid's shadow does not diminish the kind of contribution Hall's 70-80 points would bring to the team.
The argument that this type of forward would not benefit the team, regardless of it being to the point, is not one I'd consider strong.

Anyways you are right that these are what ifs and you're entitled to your opinion. Simply, I disagree.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I love how Matheson asks these questions that obviously Chia's not going to answer. Hang 'em up Matty, you're ruining your legacy and not contributing to anything meaningful journalism-wise.

So based off Chia's response on the Benning question from Gregor it sounds like maybe they're hoping for a specific right shot defenseman to fall and if not then they'll draft BPA which they expect might be a left handed D.

I also like hearing that they've got more overage players on their list this year, although none ranked very high. I personally like Joel Teasdale, Brandon Saigeon, Linus Nyman and Sean Durzi.

Sylvegard is another good one.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I agree. Doubling down on a bad trade is just dumb.
There is no perspective that can justify that trade.
If Stauffer was smart he would just move on and direct attention elsewhere.

he went to the Jason Maas school of dealing with mistakes.

Reactions: guymez

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Have to think Milan is as good as gone after that.

Not sure what that move is going to look like but it's a scary thought.
I kind of got the opposite impression. Doesn’t sound like he’s going anywhere.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Uh he basically did tip his hat by openly saying he's shopping the 10th overall pick for a d-man ... lol.

If Lucic hasn't requested a trade that would be an easy "no" to answer as well.

A 11 year rebuilding team shopping there first round pick to get a proven NHLer to finally leave a rebuild is new news? How’s the weather under that rock? Haha

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Rewatched the press conference and it looks like Chia is not at all looking st free agency but is looking at trades heavily. Said he has been part of a lot of chatter, teams have been offering forwards for 10oa etc.

Hope it's not the same as lots of teams interested I Maroon and all we get is a 3rd

Oh god, this is not good

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Rewatched the press conference and it looks like Chia is not at all looking st free agency but is looking at trades heavily. Said he has been part of a lot of chatter, teams have been offering forwards for 10oa etc.

Hope it's not the same as lots of teams interested I Maroon and all we get is a 3rd

Well to be fair, its not like he has enough cap to really do much of anything in free agency. I honestly dont think Chiarelli knows what hes doing at this point.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
and you talk to 50 people who had to deal with him off the ice and 49 would tell you what a d-bag he was.

if he really did love the city he could have been a better person off the ice.

and you know what? none of it matters not what I say or you say.
what's done is done.

He was a huge Dbag off the ice. (Know this from personal experience) but what matters is what happens on the ice. Lots of superstar athletes are POS.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Alright, my apologies.

I just have to wonder how long someone can bang their head against something before something gives?
It just looks like a lot of folks take things way too serious, and seem to enjoy being irate.

Hockey is chaos on the ice and a gamble behind the scenes. Player performance is the result of so many factors year to year, and a personal issue can make a GM/coach look like a fool
I was really happy with the organizational changes that were made. Problem was we swapped one doofus for another.

It's hard to be happy with an organization that seems satisfied with losing both on and off the ice.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
and you talk to 50 people who had to deal with him off the ice and 49 would tell you what a d-bag he was.

if he really did love the city he could have been a better person off the ice.

and you know what? none of it matters not what I say or you say.
what's done is done.

Probably a mistake on my part talking about Hall. But I think the trade probably helped Hall grow up a bit (which it seems he has a bit). Without a trade who knows if he reaches his potential (I realize he was a good player before the trade).

At the end of the day the trade is done. I hope people dont slag Larsson because of Hall winning the Hart Trophy. Larsson had no control coming here.

Reactions: guymez

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Can anyone give a summary of what the f*** up said today in his media availability?

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
I'm not sure why guys are ripping on Stauffer? I'm not sure the context it was put in, as I didn't listen to the interview. But if he truly did say Hall would never win a Hart here because we have Mcdavid, he's probably right ya know.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I'm not sure why guys are ripping on Stauffer? I'm not sure the context it was put in, as I didn't listen to the interview. But if he truly did say Hall would never win a Hart here because we have Mcdavid, he's probably right ya know.

That Hall would never win a Hart in Edmonton is irrelevant. The problem is that the Oilers gave up an elite player and grossly overpaid for Larsson.
Stauffer sounded like he was just trying to downplay that fact.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
That Hall would never win a Hart in Edmonton is irrelevant. The problem is that the Oilers gave up an elite player and grossly overpaid for Larsson.
Stauffer sounded like he was just trying to downplay that fact.

Ah, so he was saying that trying to defend the trade in some way?

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Once again, people loooooove to bang their heads against the wall..... ouch, ouch, ouch, why? why? why? :)
This is the first media availability in a while and the first since Hall was named Hart winner. Do you not think the question is appropriate to ask Chiarelli?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Ah, so he was saying that trying to defend the trade in some way?

Well...he was predictably indirectly taking a pro Chiarelli/pro Oiler position by trying to shift the optics about the bad trade that keeps on giving. He does this all the time. I mean he is an employee so its to be expected.
Doesnt make it any less annoying though.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
Well...he was predictably indirectly taking a pro Chiarelli/pro Oiler position by trying to shift the optics about the bad trade that keeps on giving. He does this all the time. I mean he is an employee so its to be expected.
Doesnt make it any less annoying though.
He's literally an Oilers shill acting as a member of the media.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad