Penticton YoungStars Tourney (VAN/EDM/CGY/WPG) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Great hit by Jake. He showed his speed a couple of times but I want to see more. He is going to be a great crashing winger with upside.

Mc David had a uninterested game. I think the pace of the game was confusing to him. Its his first game against guys who have played in the AHL orEurope in mens leagues.

Playing with Chase and Moroz affects that. If Moroz didn't have stone hands, he would've have scored a goal or two with the dishes McDavid gave. It'll be interesting to see if McDavid will play with the likes of Slepyshev, Drai, or Platzer next.

victor

Sep 6, 2003
Great hit by Jake. He showed his speed a couple of times but I want to see more. He is going to be a great crashing winger with upside.

Mc David had a uninterested game. I think the pace of the game was confusing to him. Its his first game against guys who have played in the AHL orEurope in mens leagues.

McDavid had a number of good passes to both Moroz and Chase, that they weren't read y for. Not a shock, for his first game.

I'd like to see him more with Draisaitl.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
they should show tough guy Virtanen refusing to drop em, reminds me of big Kass!

Such a cop out remark to a guy getting laid the **** out.

I would call it a win and walk as well if I laid you out on the ice. No need to rack up a couple and get the boot from the tourney either. It's not cowardice, nor anything else to not fight in this tourney or any game for that matter.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
He's gonna shut McDavid down! Frankly, I barely noticed him out there at all. Virtanen and Subban stood out the most for me.

and gaunce had a good game too, but yeah, the almighty shutdown man for connor mcdavid didn't show up tonight.

I really want hunter shinkaruk to work out, but he didn't have a great game, first game tho

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
Chase with a headshot on virtanen, that's the opposite on how to get back on a player. brutal

Duane sutter has said they use to hit to get the puck.
Your stick is on the ice.
if it is not you are trying to hurt him.
Stick was at his waist.

Should not have let up chase. They would have suspended you for the rest of the prospect tourney and a couple pre season games. No money lost.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Thought Subban, Virtanen, Gaunce, that Hutton guy, and Witt all had decent to strong games from the Canucks. Their shot selection confused me, lots of low percentage perimeter stuff that was handled pretty easily.

Hard to get a read on some Oiler guys given the score, but basically the only ones I'd give a grade below 5/10 would be Rankin and Waltz.

oilerbear

Jun 2, 2008
I watched the whole game and thought to myself. Our tryout guys have a better shot at top 6 fwds in NHL than the canucks top forward prospects. It is quite sad.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Defensemen: If Brett Kulak's there, I expect he's gonna look rock-solid and score a goal from the blue line and generally just quietly impact games with his skating, stick, and passing. He took some big strides over the year in his first year pro, and he's gunning for an NHL spot.

Forwards: Andrew Mangiapane's hockey IQ is really high. I don't expect him to dominate the tournament or anything as a 19YO but I bet people will be noticing him for all the little things he does, the little Patrick Kane mid-air passes, the aggressive Paul Byron forechecks, and the general flash/change-of-pace to his game.

...Well, both my Dark Horses played well against the Jets. Kulak was dominant against Winnipeg's top line and Mangiapane dropped a pair of assists.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Thought Subban, Virtanen, Gaunce, that Hutton guy, and Witt all had decent to strong games from the Canucks. Their shot selection confused me, lots of low percentage perimeter stuff that was handled pretty easily.

Hard to get a read on some Oiler guys given the score, but basically the only ones I'd give a grade below 5/10 would be Rankin and Waltz.

Meat and potatoes..... Meat and potatoes.

(the truth is, the Canucks have no pure scorer prospects at this tourney... maybe Boeser is one at best and that's it.)

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
I watched the whole game and thought to myself. Our tryout guys have a better shot at top 6 fwds in NHL than the canucks top forward prospects. It is quite sad.

That's exactly how I've watched this tourney the last couple years and though how most teams could be the actual NHL Oil squad.

There's guys on the ice that are going to throw a lot out there, and there's guys out there stretching out their legs for training camp. Let's get real here.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

Busts, Busts....... they are all busts.

Trade them for 6th and 7th rounders if Vancouver can get that, and just cut bait and start over.:sarcasm:

McDeathbyCheerios*

Canucks seem to have good bottom to middle six forward prospects and really nothing on the back end outside of Subban.

Could be a rough few years.

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015

Lol. I don't think so. Wait till the regular season when the oilers get back to their normal ways.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I know we creamed them, but this game does show we need some of this physical element to our game. We probably match up even worse in the NHL than in this game.

Slepyshev showing signs of a physical game was encouraging.

Lots of skill for a 6'2'' 220lb guy too.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Did Cole Cassels even play? Lol. This isn't even an NHL-speed game.

That Jake Virtanen kid (first time seeing him play) - he's going to a pest and solid player.

And sad to say (as an Oilers fan) - Jordan Subban is looking like a good pick too.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
I don't know who decided to throw Sautner a contract but it was probably Delorme

Delormes a ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad