GDT: Pens vs Leafs-scape goal Phil returns [Converted]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 26, 2010
Phaneuf has one of his crunching hits reserved for #81.You know how long he's been waiting to take out the guy that tried to take over his team.

Phanueuf is too slow and dumb to catch Phil...But looking forward to watching Phil dance around Dion making him look like the useless $49M pylon he in fact is :laugh:

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Phanueuf is too slow and dumb to catch Phil...But looking forward to watching Phil dance around Dion making him look like the useless $49M pylon he in fact is :laugh:

It's not like Phil isn't predictable and will go down the wing and take a snap shot from the circle.... Dion could just wait for him at the circle and Phil still wouldn't catch on.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto

Lol come on man he leads the team in points and is the best defensive player too

Show your captain some respect he's been all class in Toronto... Pretty much the ideal captain if we were a good team

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Lol come on man he leads the team in points and is the best defensive player too

Show your captain some respect he's been all class in Toronto... Pretty much the ideal captain if we were a good team

no emoji properly expresses how hard I'm laughing

HockeyCA

Dec 15, 2009
Kissel thought his only job was to score goals, and nothing more. No physical play, no compete in all 3 zones, wasn't the hardest worker off the ice, he tired easily, and wasn't the most positive leader in the dressing room. In short, he thought that scoring goals was enough, and nothing more.

Should he be booed? Probably not. Should he be cheered? I don't think so.. I think the fans should feel "meh" about this player, the same way he seemed to play night in and night out. Just "meh."

mikebel111*

Yubbers the whole board knows you're a TML troll

Go troll Nashville or something

Yubbers is just upset Phaneuf isn't a pylon and is playing well. Babcock also likes him

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013

Welcome to Leaf Nation! As you are new, I would like to mention that these 2 teams met earlier in the year and what you suggested did not happen. If you have NHL centre ice, you can probably watch the replay of the game, to better inform yourself.

Enjoy the game tonight and I hope you stick around. It might be rough, as the Leafs are re-building but the hockey is still pretty entertaining. :welcome:

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Kissel thought his only job was to score goals, and nothing more. No physical play, no compete in all 3 zones, wasn't the hardest worker off the ice, he tired easily, and wasn't the most positive leader in the dressing room. In short, he thought that scoring goals was enough, and nothing more.

Should he be booed? Probably not. Should he be cheered? I don't think so.. I think the fans should feel "meh" about this player, the same way he seemed to play night in and night out. Just "meh."

I think that this sums it up pretty well.

I wouldn't be ticked off either way. I think that he did his job of scoring goals, but didn't do much else.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Welcome to Leaf Nation! As you are new, I would like to mention that these 2 teams met earlier in the year and what you suggested did not happen. If you have NHL centre ice, you can probably watch the replay of the game, to better inform yourself.

Enjoy the game tonight and I hope you stick around. It might be rough, as the Leafs are re-building but the hockey is still pretty entertaining. :welcome:

I don't even care if it's not entertaining. At least I don't have to watch Phil Kessel cheat all night while our team is down a man every time he's on the ice.

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
I don't even care if it's not entertaining. At least I don't have to watch Phil Kessel cheat all night while our team is down a man every time he's on the ice.

I've been saying that for a long time.We were always on the PK when he was on the ice.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Do you need a big shot to be considered a great/elite defenseman?
I'm legit serious here.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Exactly! That's the thing about him for me. He was not willing to do anything extra. No I didn't expect bone crunching hits, or Selke trophy type of D play, I expected him to at least try to be better in other aspects of his play.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
It helps, but no it's isn't necessary. Keith doesn't have a booming shot by no means, nor does many top defensemen.

hmm thanks.
like if Rielly polished everything up and never developed a clapper, i don't think we'd complain too much. it just threw me that's how these guys were determining elite defenders.

Not at all. I'm just consistent with my dislike for certain players. We've seen this movie before. Dion playing well when it doesn't matter. He's leading the league yet again in minor penalties FYI.

But hey, he's not looking the worst. I agree. Give it time :)

well that shouldn't be a problem, because hopefully he'll be traded by then.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Exactly! That's the thing about him for me. He was not willing to do anything extra. No I didn't expect bone crunching hits, or Selke trophy type of D play, I expected him to at least try to be better in other aspects of his play.

that was my issue as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad