GDT: Pens vs Leafs-scape goal Phil returns [Converted]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
You're right.. one player left the team in free agency after refusing a trade... and the other was traded and did not ask to leave.. Anyone who boos Kessel tonight is simply rude..

People that booed Mats Sundin were also rude. You can't justify booing Sundin 6 years ago, and not booing Kessel now. I am not even saying that I think Kessel should be booed, but I felt like booing Sundin was extremely unacceptable.

mikebel111*

I guess we will see who the reasonable Leafs fans are at the ACC.

It would absolutely idiotic by anyone to boo him

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Personally, I don't give a **** about Kessel. If this rebuild is done right, his name would be only a small footnote in Leafs history. If he is going to be even remembered, that is.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Hey man. Your obviously care more about Kessel than the team:sarcasm:

Nah I kind of want to win this one too, but if we lose that's okay with me.

If we win today and Monday, then sell some of our players for good value, and then start to lose again, that's fine by me.

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
that's pretty much how it has always been for me.

to which again, I don't understand why there is this huge massive amount of "wow. I hope Kessel embarrasses us tonight."

Why? like. what would that serve ? i mean - the only thing really - is that he helps in the tank AND help the Penguins secure a playoff spot so we get our first rounder this season. So Thank You, kessel. but it's not something I'd hope for, nor do I (or will I ever) see the logic of wanting it to happen to tick people off for not liking him.

because as I said: Phil scoring goals for Toronto - was never the problem that people had in regards to Phil Kessel. It was everything else that Phil could control and did not that people had an issue with.

and some people don't care about that and can't see why it irritated others, and others can't. which is why hopefully after this game, we can just freaking move on and get over it.

People had faults for Sundin as well when he was clearly the teams lone elite player... This act wont end with Kessel it will begin again when somebody else rather it be Nylander, Marner or whomever end up being the best player on the team. LeafNation is crazy. They expect the perfect player that makes zero mistakes. Too many are brainwashed with this notion that you build around 1 single player with this "Franchise Player" tag that is absurd to begin with... Ignorance breeds ignorance and unfortunately most fanatics of sports teams are just plain and simply ignorant not to mention aren't students of the game and really don't know squat about the x's & o's of the game who also tend to be the most vocal criticizing the teams best players.

Your a smart gal Told you this before I believe. If you notice those who are posting wanting Kessel to have a big night tonight are posters around here that you would find knowledgeable of the game, who just happen to have a chip on there shoulders on the idiocy that plagues a huge chunk of this fan base with the constant rants of blaming the teams best players like they **** in there cereal.

You said it used to be about team around here when it never has been like that since the Clark for Sundin trade. It went from lose as a team win as a team to Win as a Team lose because of your best players and it's been like that for way too long.

I hope Kessel does light up the score sheet tonight for the soft deal return we traded him for and the tank course management has gone. I will never ever support a tank. A rebuild yes not a tank like we have going on this year.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Personally, I don't give a **** about Kessel. If this rebuild is done right, his name would be only a small footnote in Leafs history. If he is going to be even remembered, that is.
Couldn't agree more. The faster the memory of the 2014-2015 team is erased the better.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I imagine this will some leaf fans in the crowd...

I honestly hope people cheer. The guy did his job, not his fault management built a crappy team year after year.

canadon

Jun 25, 2015
Vaughan, ON
About to head to the ACC now. I will not be booing Kessel and hope neither will other fans. With all his flaws he was the most exciting player to watch on this team for the last 6 years.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Honestly when you're going up a team that is as skilled as pittsburgh up front, who doesn't want to see a good fight from the leafs. I think its important to especially try hard against teams that are clearly a tier or two ahead of you, and if you can play well and compete well thats a positive on my book. Especially in a rebuilding year. Every game I just want to see this team try and play with heart and passion and play smart. These games have the potential to be verryy entertaining.

So lets hope for a high intensity battle, with a win for the good guys :)

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This thread just proves why Kessel shouldn't be given any tribute. There are just as many people that don't like him as a player as there are that do.

Tributes are for fan favourites and players you fondly remember.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Sure would be nice to have a win, tonight.. It seems like an eon, since the last one..

Leafs vs Penguins Mashup/Montage

..But.., if we don't.., or you just want to think about the 2016 Draft.., check out this guy... He's put on close to 30 lbs. in off-season, taken his game from a -11 to a +11.. and is a BIG, strong two-way Defenceman..!

Might be just what Babcock is asking Santa Clause for.. :)

Jakob Chychrun Montage

GO LEAFS GO!!

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
This thread just proves why Kessel shouldn't be given any tribute. There are just as many people that don't like him as a player as there are that do.

Tributes are for fan favourites and players you fondly remember.

Yes. Base tributes for players on internet threads half full of ppl that have no clue. :laugh:

Last edited:

Mar 26, 2010
Lets go Phil! I hope he scores 4 goals and chases Bernier from the net!

I want to see the looks on Babcock and Shanahan's face!

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA
Phaneuf has one of his crunching hits reserved for #81.You know how long he's been waiting to take out the guy that tried to take over his team.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Kessel was one of my favorite players. However, you can't deny his last stint with the Leafs left a bad taste in people's mouth, if it didn't already did.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
CSlCL6EWEAA2lKm.jpg

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Kessel doesn't deserve any sort of big reaction.

A simple thank you with a 15 second video would suffice.

He was a really good goal scorer, but he didn't carry the team on his back to the playoffs and dominate that way.

As for the game, lets hope that we can shut them down and get a couple of lucky bounces.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Tonight would be a great night to end the moral victories and start the actual victories. It would be a very fitting night for this team's first center ice salute celebrating its first home victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad