Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
You're underrating Genghis Khan. You think a paltry nation like Kazzakhstan is going to stand in his way of taking Magnitogorsk?
Ah you misinterpret....
I never said the Kazakhs were standing in the way of Genghis Khan. I said the Kazakh's were Magnigorsk biggest potential threat.

Besides, Genghis Khan has a lot more high priority conquering to do before going for Magnitogorsk (red dot). Ultimately it would likely be a stopover for him on his way to Moscow. Probably watch Geno play a game or so, kill a few fans and players, and then move on.

1722433948209.png

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Ah you misinterpret....
I never said the Kazakhs were standing in the way of Genghis Khan. I said the Kazakh's were Magnigorsk biggest potential threat.

Besides, Genghis Khan has a lot more high priority conquering to do before going for Magnitogorsk (red dot). Ultimately it would likely be a stopover for him on his way to Moscow. Probably watch Geno play a game or so, kill a few fans and players, and then move on.

View attachment 898308
As much "conquering" as Genghis Khan did, he also expanded much of his empire and control via "diplomacy". He would go out to neighboring kingdoms and say "Hey, let's form an alliance...ya know...or else!" and they're like "sure!". So, Khan would have his daughters marry the next-in-line successors. Once they were married, he would start a skirmish with someone and send the poor kids out to the front lines. They would be killed, and the daughters (now Queen or whatever the equivalent was) would be the rulers of the land. Khan would then be the defacto leader or rather have "significant influence" in the area. Honestly, it was pretty impressive how he was able to gain so much control over such a large portion of the continent. Now that's obviously a pretty major oversimplification of it all but still interesting non-the-less.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Reactions: Andy99

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Moving Eller before the season starts is such an obvious move. When you have Hayes and Acciari and Lizotte...you're just one too heavy. Of Eller and Acciari, I think Eller has more value. He'd be a great 3C on several teams. That said, injuries inevitably happen so if we had to keep him, Dubas could just have an "always available" sign on him until a need comes up.

I would love figure out something like:
Eller to Buffalo for a 4th
Acciari to anyone for a 6th
Robertson in for SJS 3rd sign for $2mil or so.
Laine for Rakell

Robertson-Sid-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Laine
DOC-Hayes-Beauvillier
Poulin-Lizotte-Puljujarvi

would be a nice, well balanced lineup with lots of combination options.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Moving Eller before the season starts is such an obvious move. When you have Hayes and Acciari and Lizotte...you're just one too heavy. Of Eller and Acciari, I think Eller has more value. He'd be a great 3C on several teams. That said, injuries inevitably happen so if we had to keep him, Dubas could just have an "always available" sign on him until a need comes up.

I would love figure out something like:
Eller to Buffalo for a 4th
Acciari to anyone for a 6th
Robertson in for SJS 3rd sign for $2mil or so.
Laine for Rakell

Robertson-Sid-Rust
Bunting-Malkin-Laine
DOC-Hayes-Beauvillier
Poulin-Lizotte-Puljujarvi

would be a nice, well balanced lineup with lots of combination options.
Yeah, the forward group is very crowded so moving Eller and Acciari out makes sense to me.

I'd take the Laine for Rakell gamble too, but I don't know if Columbus does it; I have no read on what his value is or what their needs are.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Yeah, the forward group is very crowded so moving Eller and Acciari out makes sense to me.

I'd take the Laine for Rakell gamble too, but I don't know if Columbus does it; I have no read on what his value is or what their needs are.
You're trading a guy who it's time to move on from for a known top 6W RW on a decent contract. Rakell bolsters their RW depth.

$8.7mil is a lot of cap to take on. CBJ will have to take something back most likely. May as well get a top 6 RW.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Madden is reporting on his show from sources this will be Malkin’s last year for the Penguins and in the NHL. Will return to Russia.

Reactions: farscape1

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Madden is reporting on his show from sources this will be Malkin’s last year for the Penguins and in the NHL. Will return to Russia.

Madden has been reporting on his show from sources that this will be Malkin's last year for the Penguins since 2009.

HockeyBuzz.com - Ryan Wilson - Malkin talks Crosby contract, retirement, and playoffs

Yes, it's Wilson but it's just his opinion interspresed with some accumulations from a Russian interview. Question the translation if you like but other than that perhaps we should attempt to trust the horse himself.

"I hope I won't play until I'm 45, actually. I want to play for another two years. As for another one, we'll see after that.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Todays Geno's 38th birthday.

Great to here Geno will go back to that forsaken country next year, in fact, wouldn't mind if he just retired now!

• Love

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The funny thing about turds like Madden and all his little acolytes that repeat his talking points is that they are going to want to do some little soliloquy about how great they always thought Malkin was and what a terrific career he's had once he does retire. And I sincerely hope people tell them to all go pound sand.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
He might be waiting to see how this season goes. If he puts up 50 points and we suck balls again maybe he does get out.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m a Malkin lover and apologist lol and I’ve been saying for awhile that this is likely his last season in the NHL. First, his contract is structured that way, as salary goes down a lot next season and most of it is as a bonus. So he can easily pull a Kuzy, collect the bonus and retire to Russia…but I’m sure some of it does depend on how he feels, his play and the state of the team, which we already know will be shitty lol

Reactions: akapidots

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The funny thing about turds like Madden and all his little acolytes that repeat his talking points is that they are going to want to do some little soliloquy about how great they always thought Malkin was and what a terrific career he's had once he does retire. And I sincerely hope people tell them to all go pound sand.
Yeah he'll be writing those puff pieces all while hoping we've all forgotten about how he was writing hit pieces on Malkin for years and how he wanted the Pens to sign Trochek instead of him, etc.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad