Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: Dull days of August... Oooo! A trade!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Did Laine come with a draft pick of dubious real-world value several years from now in order to take him? Would Sullivan even allow a player like him on his roster?

No?

Then it wasn't happening.

EDIT: lol nevermind actually looks like Laine DID come with a draft pick haha... oh well... at least we have Kevin Hayes!

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
"Listen just give Mike a list of new analytics buzzwords he can use after losing yet another pathetic attempt at the sport with his low event bullshit. He's starting to run out of vocabulary and people are getting suspicious that he is utterly out of ideas or maybe didn't actually have any to begin with."

"So a lot, then?"
That's why he insisted on his Rays picture for the press release, he'll be back in baseball soon.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Some teams get potential 30-40 goal scorers and a pick for something called a "Jordan Harris" and others get some nerd-stat dude from a baseball team to work an angle that we still don't even know is all that effective or illustrative in this sport. Nice.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Laine AND a second for Harris lmao. Not sure how Montreal pulled that off

We're seeing a lot of this in NHL and NFL too.
Players announce they don't want to play for their current team (or the team is sick of that player). That puts the current team in a bind where they get pennies on the dollar

Saw it with EK last year.
Few players in the NFL had this happen too (Steelers sent out DJ). And there are the Aiyuk rumors.

If you are the team, there isn't much you can do to extract value bc destinations are limited

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Some teams get potential 30-40 goal scorers and a pick for something called a "Jordan Harris" and others get some nerd-stat dude from a baseball team to work an angle that we still don't even know is all that effective or illustrative in this sport. Nice.
The Pens are owned by baseball fans, so they are going to find a way to bring pitching to the ice.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Nah. Columbus is adding a 2nd to the deal to get Harris.

Dubas out here getting paid to take Kevin Hayes while Montreal is getting paid to take Laine...

Who knows If Columbus even would want to deal with us.

I always feel this energy from them that they would not want to deal with us.

I'd rather have

Rakell + a 2nd for laine
Then
Laine + 2nd for Harris

I remember all the Columbus fans laughing.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Oh, I have no opinion on the actual hiring. I just think it's weird they couldn't have snapped a different headshot for the guy.
tbh if he’s remote (or even if not) he’s probably sending the PR/HR person the picture he wants them to use in the press release

But who knows maybe the Pens are broke and can’t afford to do headshots for non-players :laugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I thought we didn't care about over-inflated deals now that we're "rebuilding" or whatever? Doesn't that help to have questionable contracts on the books eating up cap for a trash heap team like this one?

Some consistency would be nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad