Salary Cap: Pens Off Season Thread: Pre Free Agency Shenanigans!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
A lot of interesting buyout names:
Yamamoto
Duchene
Wheeler

I think Dubas needs to be all over Duchene as a 3c. Come here and perform well under low pressure and circumstances, cash in next year when the cap goes up.

Jake Sid Rakell
Smith Geno Rust
Zucker Duchene Wheeler
DOC Poehling Nylander/Carter

Reactions: Darren McCord

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
They need him to convince Duchene to sign for 1mil

Jake - Sid - Rakell
Smith - Geno - Rust
xxx - Duchene - Granlund
Duchene to Pittsburgh would fulfill Rutherford’s prophecy.

Always been a huge Duchene fan. Always was a guy who can’t be your best player, but can be a big part of a Championship calibre team.

Would also help us continue to get back to a speed game.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010
Devils or Sabres when their goalies flame out.
Ok…that is A- If they flame out and B- if they have cap space to do so.

Also Buffalo finished with the same points as the Pens last year…..They aren’t a Helle away from the cup this season, not to mention Levi is the future there…. They are not giving up big assest to acquire a 30 year old when they have a young guy that will be hitting his prime when they are hitting their window.

New Jersey hit 112 points with their goalies, and the playoffs were a learning curve for everyone there. They also aren’t going to rush into spending assets on a goalie whenever A- they are super young and have a big window just opening. B- can easily give it another season to see if the internal goalies improve (especially if they pace the same as last season), and C- if rumors are true, sign Helle as a FA next season and not spend any assets. NJ is far from a team that has to get it done this year.

Winnipeg could get more from NJ now, than waiting for the deadline.

Last edited:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yes he's horrendous defensively. He's an offensive top-6 winger who can sub in at center, he's absolutely not a defensive 3C.

I would say he sounds like someone better suited to plop next to Malkin and have them help each other out. But then that second line probably bleeds even more goals.

All offense baby. Full throttle pond hockey

I'd be down for that but the third line needs to have their deployment figured out if that's the case. Or they'll just give up more than they are able to make. The three scoring lines thing hasn't worked out great for a few years, now.

All that said he's obviously an interesting option.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
At this point, I think the rumors about Dubas liking Granlund are true and he never really was looking to move him. It would explain why we heard so much more about Petry potentially being moved than Granlund.

I don't think Granlund is going to be their 3C next year, but I expect he'll be their 3RW. If the Penguins didn't have Carter on L4, I could stomach having Granlund at 3RW, but having 2 grossly overpaid guys on both L3 and L4 is just awful.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yeah no duh, today was the deadline and they didn't put him on unconditional waivers.
I wouldn't be so high and mighty, you still believe the window is open, for three years no less. Not sure what you're smokin, but please put it down. Or... maybe it's those pesky canadian wildfires that is impairing your judgement.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
.I think the main five teams in need of a goalie are us, Buffalo, NJ, Ottawa, and LA if they can move cap. LA aside, they've just got to live with potentially making a rival better if they make moves. They might prefer us to the other teams; they might find we're the best offer.

Calgary are looking to take players back - like they asked for Duclair from Florida - and still have thing about wanting to make space for Dustin Wolf.

I don't really want Kahkonen but maybe Dubas does.

And I feel like Dubas is already at that point in the game of chicken. Jarry would be an unlikely return at this point (and is probably taking one potential goalie market off of the table anyway). There's no sane starters in UFA (although maybe just as sane as Vladar or Kahkonen). Not striking prior to UFA or in the opening day doesn't seem to change his position to me.
It just applies more pressure to him and other teams would know that. Especially if Jarry signs somewhere else in the meantime.

I'd be all over the Boston goalies if they are willing to deal with us. Ullmark/Swayman are the sweet spot between good (Hellebuyck) and cheaper to acquire (Gibson).

Reactions: Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad