Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
Sacramento, CA
Name the better UFA goalie options that year.
There was that soggy cardboard box in the alley out back

And the two for one bag of street hockey pucks

Either of those were better options

But for a slightly more serious answer:

There's many numbers below 5.75 million and any number below 5, where they could have done better with that contract.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Jarry contract was an objective failure, there's no way you can argue otherwise. Like I've said a bunch, I think the gamble was fine but the contract ended up horrible. There's no way that Dubas should have given 5 years of term at the AAV he was paying. Dubas absolutely deserves criticism for giving Jarry the deal he gave him, because it turned out to be a horrid deal.

Dubas has really shown to be downright bad at judging goalies and handing out bad goalie contracts.

Reactions: Pens x

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
I don’t know much about Elkin but I’m glad Jarry is trying to figure it out, it can’t be easy to have so much dumb shit being said about you by inbred dipshits on X and message boards like they’ve never f***ed up or had a bad stretch. I hope he bounces back and is moved to a team where he can get a fresh start.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Had a Quick Look up of Elkin.

He was the Goalie Coach for the Flames from 1999-2002.

Which is not really a great time in Calgary Flames goaltending history, like one of their worst stretches of goalies until they picked up Kipper (Turek was ok though). Then he was with Arizona from 2015-2018 in Arizona there’s maybe some success? Smith was good and Raanta had an insane year there.

In Toronto he was working with the goalies for the Marlies.

So…Jarry’s f***ed. He is the 2nd best goalie for high danger saves behind Blomqvist, his game isn’t entirely trash, there’s a lot of positives there that they can work on but the highly visible bad stuff is going to never go away for Pens fans, it’s too bad they won’t send him down to WBS to play and work with Tisi. I wasn’t all that much of a fan of Buckley and Chiodo was his assistant and the same inconsistencies are still there in Jarry’s game and also in Ned’s right now. Blomqvist has worked with Tisi and I wonder if that’s the proper path here, not Chiodo or Elkin.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I honestly don’t even know why I bother responding to that bloke, just cherry picking a comment where honestly, I pointed what MM did after that Boeser collapse. But to act like I was some Murray hater? Yeah right, that’s bs. That Matt Murray’s Glove Hand thread was quite literally proof of it.

It’s just weird to hate on a player that hasn’t displayed any of the crap blokes here judge him as, also to keep reiterating he should be moved and not here anymore apparently means anytime I say I hope he figures it out, is wanting him to be the goalie here?

It makes me really understand why so many stop posting here, as much as you want to talk about a team you like with a community of fellow fans, not having anyone to talk about the team with would suck, but it also sucks when that same community pushes some toxic narratives.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad