GDT: Game 8: Sharks @ Kings 7:30pm NBCSCA

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
That and the entire blue line isn't doing well either. Nobody can handle the puck in their own zone. It's why I want to swap Cagnoni with Thrun.
Thrun has made an unbeliever out of me thus far as well. He does nothing particularly well and when he's playing his best he's replacement-level.

Walman and Thompson are the only defensemen with any sense of offensive ability, Ferraro is still terrible, Ceci is fine on a good day, Rutta sucks, and Benning sucks.

You know it's bad when your best d-man is a guy who should be, at the very best, a #4/5 on a contender.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Thrun has made an unbeliever out of me thus far as well. He does nothing particularly well and when he's playing his best he's replacement-level.

Walman and Thompson are the only defensemen with any sense of offensive ability, Ferraro is still terrible, Ceci is fine on a good day, Rutta sucks, and Benning sucks.

You know it's bad when your best d-man is a guy who should be, at the very best, a #4/5 on a contender.
I'm not sure what is keeping anyone in any of their spots given how they've looked. I get patience with certain guys including Thrun but there's nothing wrong with sending him down for a stint and giving someone performing well with the Barracuda a shot in the same spot. Cagnoni has the sort of skills that the blue line is largely missing.

Skeksis25

Feb 17, 2023
North Brunswick, NJ
Feel like the team could really use Couture back. Not even so much for on ice production, but a respected longtime vet being the team captain on ice would probably help keep some guys accountable. Help War too, I don't know if a lot of these guys are taking him seriously being a young rookie himself.

Reactions: knu

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Feel like the team could really use Couture back. Not even so much for on ice production, but a respected longtime vet being the team captain on ice would probably help keep some guys accountable. Help War too, I don't know if a lot of these guys are taking him seriously being a young rookie himself.
They're not getting Couture back anytime soon. They need to figure things out for themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad