Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Agreed. He either finds his game in WBS to the point that his contract can be dumped cleanly or he's bought out in the spring.
Yeah. Injuries always happen too, and maybe that would be an opening for him to at least get back onto on the main roster.

But as it stands he should not be starting, and with 3 healthy goalies he's the obvious odd man out. If decisions made here are actually merit-based.

Reactions: Sideline

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Not sure I buy Jarry out. Big savings year 1, then not really any until after year 3 (when his deal is up anyway). You could argue burying him is better option.

It’s not uber painful though, so I still get it

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Yeah. Injuries always happen too, and maybe that would be an opening for him to at least get back onto on the main roster.

But as it stands he should not be starting, and with 3 healthy goalies he's the obvious odd man out. If decisions made here are actually merit-based.
For all his faults Sullivan hasn't been too loyal to Jarry. He let Ned win the net last year and has give Blomquist half the starts so far this year.

Not sure I buy Jarry out. Big savings year 1, then not really any until after year 3 (when his deal is up anyway). You could argue burying him is better option.

It’s not uber painful though, so I still get it
I didn't actually look at the buyout math. Burying or buying out is fine with me if the money makes more sense one way than the other. Just have to be ok moving away from him as the default starter.

Reactions: Dipsy Doodle

Sike Mullivan

Nickstuitveness.
Nov 15, 2010
Unless theres a trade to be made somewhere, just ride with Blom for the near future. If he looks capable and Ned returns to form when hes back, waive Jarry and send him to WBS.

Im not against something like Jarry+ Puus for Gerogiev if its there, but id rather not use too big of a sweetener to move him.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
If he was not ready for the NHL, sure. If we was NOT one of the 12 best forwards on this team, OK. Neither of those are true.

Young forwards who are physically mature for the NHL should be in the NHL when they are good enough. AND, it is not like he did not make the team out of training camp. Man, Sullivan was pretty quick to break up that third line. That in and of itself is a big joke.

I mean, if we are going to start sitting him out for weeks, then yeah. Send him down. But WHY are we not playing him? WHO is so invaluable and irreplaceable that you have to send him down?

Yeah, I am looking at you Anthony Beauvillier. You are literally destroying the first line. So, naturally I expect a three-year contract extension any day now.

Mike Sullivan hockey...deal with it.
Beauvillier seriously needs to be in the press box or shipped out. This team may be bad, especially with Sullivan as coach, but they'd at least be watchable without "Tito" strangling the first line.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Beauvillier seriously needs to be in the press box or shipped out. This team may be bad, especially with Sullivan as coach, but they'd at least be watchable without "Tito" strangling the first line.
Beau killed us enough as a fishy that I was and am prepared to give some line, but obviously that would be different and easier further down the lineup.

Moreover DOC (first in line) deserves a shot at more. Does much more to compliment either Sid or Geno also in terms of physical presence/work rate.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Why not try koivunen on LW with line 1? Run DOC with Sid, move Rust down to the 2nd line and Bunting to the third.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Rakell and Graves are the only players with a positive EV 5on5 differential.

We are awful defensively. And yes I know that was obvious from last nights game alone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad