Salary Cap: Pens '24-'25 Salary Thread: The Crosbicles Volume XIX

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Agree with all of this. Jarry for all his faults isn't massively overpaid relative to the rest of the goalie market. He's poor contract, but not an absolute boat anchor like Graves. If you time it right with a desperate team, I think you can get out from under Jarry's deal without taking back long term money. Graves is only moving in exchange for someone else's bad deal.

Rakell is pretty much exactly market value for an average top six winger. Not great and not bad either. Very tradable imo.
I feel like Graves is market value too. Good news is, with the cap going up, it becomes easier and easier to hide his cap hit. Thankfully it wasn't a 6x6 or something like that.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I feel like Graves is market value too. Good news is, with the cap going up, it becomes easier and easier to hide his cap hit. Thankfully it wasn't a 6x6 or something like that.
You must be higher on Graves than I am. I don't consider him top 4 quality. He's a bottom pair guy at best for me.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
You must be higher on Graves than I am. I don't consider him top 4 quality. He's a bottom pair guy at best for me.
Nah, didn't say that. I'm just saying at the time, I think his value was that of a 2nd pairing LD and I think he got fairly paid as such.

Now, he's likely a bottom pairing guy

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
I think Dubas is more trade happy than last season. With the comments about the young player needing to push it’s pretty clear to me that he is capable of trading/waiving players.

I’m a little excited for the upcoming season, especially for guys like Puuljujarvi, McGroaty and the young guns in WBS.

Reactions: Sideline

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Is it time to talk roster building and lines in this thread? I think it is.

Rust, Lizotte, Ned on IR. Nieto LTIR, probably forever.

DOC Crosby Beauvillier (should be Puustinen)
Bunting Malkin Rakell
McG Eller Puljujarvi
Hayes Glass Acciari
Puustinen

Pettersson Karlsson
Grelzyk Letang
Graves St Ivany
Shea

Jarry
Blomqvist

Did I miss anyone?

Ad