Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I would easily give Stamkos four years, $8.5 million per. No hesitation.

This power play is not going to get fixed by a white board, apparently. We need that sniper and he is the best available by 500 miles.

Reactions: Zbynek and Jacob

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Sullivan: David Quinn will run the powerplay.

Sid... about to sign his new contract with the Penguins:

7axx811.jpeg

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
at this point as a Penguins fan how can you not kinda hope Crosby ditches this place?

It expedites what needs to be done and it gives him the chance to potentially go to a franchise that values what he brings from a management standpoint and actually tries to help it…

I don't know which one of those 3 tweets that I hate more.

Am I ignoring someone?

I can't see any other tweets?

Oh. The Sullivan quotes.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
at this point as a Penguins fan how can you not kinda hope Crosby ditches this place?

It expedites what needs to be done and it gives him the chance to potentially go to a franchise that values what he brings from a management standpoint and actually tries to help it…

Am I ignoring someone?

Oh. The Sullivan quotes.

1719615022953.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Am I ignoring someone?

Oh. The Sullivan quotes.

Yeah both the "young players pushing for a spot" tweet and "Quinn will run the PP" tweet.

The young players one sucks because I think nothing of Gruden and Poulin as "potential NHLers" at this point and St. Ivany and Puustinen just look like 4th liners or #6D. It's just comically uninspiring that Sullivan is promoting that group as "young guys expected to push for roles".

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Dubas and Sullivan deserve each other TBH.

It's just a shame that the core is caught in the middle. And us. But hell at least we can just turn it off. Which it's kinda looking like I might this season. At least for the most part.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
All those players except Gruden should make it imo. But St. Ivany and Puustinen should be locks. Probably Ponomarev too considering he only didn’t make Carolina cause of the numbers game.
Exactly…that’s the stupidity…it’s like saying we have DOC pushing for a role…he also doesn’t give a single thought for Yager…he should be hoping he makes it since none of these other guys are shooters

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah both the "young players pushing for a spot" tweet and "Quinn will run the PP" tweet.

The young players one sucks because I think nothing of Gruden and Poulin as "potential NHLers" at this point and St. Ivany and Puustinen just look like 4th liners or #6D. It's just comically uninspiring that Sullivan is promoting that group as "young guys expected to push for roles".

You didn't really expect otherwise at this point though, right? Tiger don't change his stripes etc etc and it's not like Sullivan is even a TINY bit scared for his job.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Mike Sullivan? Unispiring?

Shocked.

Dubas and Sullivan deserve each other TBH.

It's just a shame that the core is caught in the middle. And us. But hell at least we can just turn it off. Which it's kinda looking like I might this season. At least for the most part.

I just don't see how our core doesn't ask out.

This isn't what they signed up for and there is no way in hell they look around the rest of our division and think Dubas is actually trying to be competitive especially if Columbus makes some moves.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You didn't really expect otherwise at this point though, right? Tiger don't change his stripes etc etc and it's not like Sullivan is even a TINY bit scared for his job.

I'd rather he come out and say "Gruden sucks ass and Poulin needs to do something to show why he was drafted in the 1st round" than promote those guys as "guys to push for NHL spots" :laugh:

Or hell, mention Yager or Koivunen. You know, guys who actually have the upside to be difference makers (or at least complementary players to difference makers". Like what the hell are Poulin, Gruden, St. Ivany and Puustinen going to offer as a best case scenario? And I'm saying this while explicitly noting I like St. Ivany. Even with Ponomarev, you can argue he only has decent bottom-6 upside.

It's just a sad state that Sullivan is promoting a couple of guys who project to be nothing but depth pieces as "young guys who will push for roles".

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Exactly…that’s the stupidity…it’s like saying we have DOC pushing for a role…he also doesn’t give a single thought for Yager…he should be hoping he makes it since none of these other guys are shooters
I don’t think it’s unreasonable that the plan is that Yager develops for another year unless they force his hand. Marino forced the Pens hand and they gave him a spot.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'd rather he come out and say "Gruden sucks ass and Poulin needs to do something to show why he was drafted in the 1st round" than promote those guys as "guys to push for NHL spots" :laugh:

Or hell, mention Yager or Koivunen. You know, guys who actually have the upside to be difference makers (or at least complementary players to difference makers". Like what the hell are Poulin, Gruden, St. Ivany and Puustinen going to offer as a best case scenario? And I'm saying this while explicitly noting I like St. Ivany.

Well sure I'd way RATHER he say/do those things. But he's never going to. It's why I've been so sick of him for so long. This team is the definition of rigid thinking and doing the same damned thing over and over again and expecting different results. They are stupid and lazy. We all hate stupid and lazy. It's only natural.

They just hired David Quinn to run the PP because he's Mike Sullivan's buddy FFS. They don't give a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad