Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Did Ryder hack your account?

What is the realistic point in keeping them if you are just going to continue to run back average rosters with no moves to even try and make the playoffs?

I'm fine watching what we did the last two years because at least they are trying to compete.

Whatever they are doing now isn't worth the time of keeping Sid and Malkin around for their legacy.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don’t think it’s unreasonable that the plan is that Yager develops for another year unless they force his hand. Marino forced the Pens hand and they gave him a spot.
Of course but they need to be open to him forcing their hand…why not encourage it since he’s our most talented prospect, instead of shutting it down…he should be more inclusive than not…

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Things are swirling, trade wins are starting to blow!

G-5Wdy.gif

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Also, is Karlsson the first d-man to not get a single Norris vote the year after winning it that didn’t retire or get hurt?
t6a7CPD.png

Fun fact: A Penguin has not won a single award since 2018 when Sullivan fully entrenched himself with his system.

That is the longest stretch in which neither Malkin nor Crosby has won.

Oh right, the Masterton was Letang. But yeah, that's different.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I can’t wait until the PP is in the middle of an 0 for 69 streak over 20 games and Sully stares down a reporter for asking about it. Nobody better question Sully Jr.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Man, looking at Quinn's coaching history, dont know how Sullivan pulled that off. FSG dont seem to be particularly sharp but Quinn has been a loser at every single level. I guess being from Boston is the only requirement that matters.

Why are we dismissing Quinn as PP coach? I'm honestly curious
1719616360840.png

We're dismissing Quinn as a coach period.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
“Performance matters…that’s the world we live in in pro sports” (except apparently for the coaching staff) …want a good laugh, go ahead and listen…

From Taylor Haase- Per Kyle Dubas: The pending free agents they’re having conversations with are P.O Joseph, Emil Bemstrom, Corey Andonovski.
Sullivan must be depressed about his boy Harkins…

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
“Performance matters…that’s the world we live in in pro sports” (except apparently for the coaching staff) …want a good laugh, go ahead and listen…

lol Sullivan totally non-committal on whether Jarry will be the starter next season. "Jarry is a starter in the league"

Reactions: Andy99

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California

I read that Harkins is willing to come back on a two-way deal, but some NHL teams are also interested in him too.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay