Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I still don't understand why the Washington Capitals of all teams are paying 2nd rounders for pending UFAs like Mangiapane. People say this team is directionless, what exactly is Washington doing?

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Mangiapane was really intriguing during the two shortened seasons and in 2021-22.

He's lost his way since. Production has dropped. And at that price, with no retention, no thank you.

Reactions: Turin

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Smith will be key here to open cap space for a forward. Dubas hopefully can add a nice pick and add what this roster needs.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Mangiapane trade isn’t “silly” from the Caps. I’m fine with not making it however.

How is it not silly? Would you be pleased about this team spending a 2nd round pick on a 1 year rental like Mangiapane?

Mangiapane had the same level of production as Smith last year and has been hovering at that level for a couple of years now. If Dubas traded a 2nd for a guy like Mangiapane right now, this board would be livid.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
If there's anyone on Calgary I'd take in a heartbeat, it's Yegor Sharangovich.
Pospisil would be a cool acquisition for a potential middle-6er. He played a decent amount of RW with Kadri last year, and it seems like he’s picked up some of Kadri’s tendencies. He’s a total piece of shit to play against. We need more of that.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
How is it not silly? Would you be pleased about this team spending a 2nd round pick on a 1 year rental like Mangiapane?

Mangiapane had the same level of production as Smith last year and has been hovering at that level for a couple of years now. If Dubas traded a 2nd for a guy like Mangiapane right now, this board would be livid.
He traded a third for Smith last year…Caps made the playoffs…they’re closer than we are lol

Reactions: Gurglesons

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Pospisil would be a cool acquisition for a potential middle-6er. He played a decent amount of RW with Kadri last year, and it seems like he’s picked up some of his tendencies. He’s a total piece of shit to play against. We need more of that.
I'd be fine with him, too. The team definitely needs more grit.

I just see Sharangovich as a Carl Hagelin with better hands.

Reactions: Trade

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He traded a third for Smith last year…Caps made the playoffs…they’re closer than we are lol

Yeah and this board is praying that the Penguins can get a 3rd back for Smith today.

That's literally the point I'm making. Bad teams like the Penguins and Capitals shouldn't be trading 2nds or 3rds for short term, expensive middle-6 players. The Penguins made a mistake with Smith last year, and they only traded a 3rd for him. I see absolutely no reason to think that this is anything but the same kind of mistake from Washington.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad