Ryan Suter vs Roman Josi vs Shea Weber (Career)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rank them

• Total voters

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'm more comparing Suter and Weber, than Suter and Josi...because Suter and Weber are closer in age.

And I'm not sure how you can be that declarative with your bolded statement. The offensive numbers of Suter and Weber are about as close as you can get.

Weber: 1014 GP, 580 points
Suter: 1165 GP, 596 points
Gotcha.

I'd still say, while Weber's 47 point career pace is still higher than Suter's 41, Weber's shot made that small difference larger, IMHO.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Was planning to do a Josi vs Weber poll but found this in the search engine so figured I'd bump this instead.

Josi has since added another year where he finished as a Norris finalist and his record looks like this (only included top 10 finishes for everyone)
1, 2, 2, 5, 5, 7, 7

Weber
2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10

So now both have been a finalist the same amount of times. Josi is already aging better though, 2 time Norris finalist from ages 31-33 whereas Weber stopped getting votes after 31. Does that change anyone's vote?

And here is Suter's
2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 9

Doesn't really compare, but I think most of us can agree that has more to do with the type of defenseman he is rather than him not deserving a better Norris record.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Weber really deserved at least one Norris.

2011 should've been his.

I honestly think it's a toss up between Weber and Josi at this point, they're very different stylistically so it's hard to compare, but Josi continues to impress.

Josi was also super close to winning the 2022 Norris, which would've given him another one in addition to the 2020 Norris.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Was planning to do a Josi vs Weber poll but found this in the search engine so figured I'd bump this instead.

Josi has since added another year where he finished as a Norris finalist and his record looks like this (only included top 10 finishes for everyone)
1, 2, 2, 5, 5, 7, 7

Weber
2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10

So now both have been a finalist the same amount of times. Josi is already aging better though, 2 time Norris finalist from ages 31-33 whereas Weber stopped getting votes after 31. Does that change anyone's vote?

And here is Suter's
2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 9

Doesn't really compare, but I think most of us can agree that has more to do with the type of defenseman he is rather than him not deserving a better Norris record.
The voting is from 3 years ago, if you really want to know people's opinion you could start a new poll. A lot has happened since and most won't come back here to update their votes :)

I went with Josi-Weber-Suter.

Josi is aging like fine wine, been the league's most productive Dman since 2017.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad