Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Unless you're Big Jeff, of course.

You can't NOT sign Big Jeff to a lucrative, ironclad contract at 35+ years of age. What if the Swiss get him, huh? WHAT THEN, SEAL?!?
It is still amazing how particularly poisonous that Carter contract was. All of you idiots who said it was “good” deserve to feel shame for eternity. You f***ing dipshits.

Don’t pretend you didn’t like it you f***ing hogs.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It is still amazing how particularly poisonous that Carter contract was. All of you idiots who said it was “good” deserve to feel shame for eternity. You f***ing dipshits.

"He'll be just like the new Cullen! Dad 2.0 lol!"

EiCQzmzE5HLaw.webp

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
It's a weaker draft. If you're picking in the later part of the first and you have a need and everyone you had on your list is gone...I could see a GM moving their first for a couple of the guy we got. Maybe not 1:1 but the 1st could be part of the deal.

Say you're Toronto, maybe you ask for Jarry+46 for 23+Liljegren or something. Or maybe you're Calgary with 28 and are willing to do something around Jarry+? I'd be willing to bet there's more willingness to wheel and deal with teams that have 2 1sts, especially with one being late. Could even try the 2 2nds for a late 1st if a guy you like is on the board.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
pick27 isn't any better than 42 or 44

Why have two Teddy Bluegers when you can have one Colby Armstrong!

But really though why is this team hot and bothered to get into the lower first round in a whatever draft? Maybe they have their eyes on a player or two they hope will fall? Or maybe just trying to create some buzz around a dead-ass team.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Same people that are defending Dubas now.

Same people that said the Tkachuk deal was horrible.

Same old group think..

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

But really though why is this team hot and bothered to get into the lower first round in a whatever draft? Maybe they have their eyes on a player or two they hope will fall? Or maybe just trying to create some buzz around a dead-ass team.
I trust nothing about this team, but some people love disappointment like their ex loved strange.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I think it's more that reporters know that when you don't have a 1st if you say "they want a 1st" it'll get engagement.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Do we want a first round pick and younger prospects more? That’s what they have to decide….think they can make the playoffs without Petts but they’ll need to sign a FA LD like walker

Speaking of insight, I know everyone here has been waiting for the latest TIOPS update lol…

Jarry’s reps at Newport Sports that know what’s going on around the league are said to have gone into mode where they feel a trade has accelerated to 50/50. At least two possible suitors are kicking the idea around.
- Reilly Smith was nearly dealt to LA at the deadline and those talks could be revisited. Not sure what the return would be.
- Don't expect the Penguins to sign many (if at all) over 30 UFAs

In other words, Jarry won’t be traded, Smith won’t go to LA and we’ll be signing a lot of old UFAs lol
50/50 is a non-sense thing to say, lol. Just say "there are two teams kicking it around, so maybe?

Smith for Kaliyev should be something we look at. I would have said Grunstrom too but he gone.

If Terik Parascak i available come 27 or so, I would be willing to trade the 2 2nds for the 1st and take him.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I'd rather keep 42 and 44, tbh.
I’d rather see the playoffs than miss continuously by a point but I don’t have two paychecks from the Pens for nothing.

27... 42... 44... doesn't matter much when your drafting and developing is somewhere between "puzzling" and "so bad it's kinda funny, actually."
I think we can all agree that trading a 40 goal scorer for a potential 10g player was a master stroke.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Maninthebox87

Dec 5, 2014
PA
I don’t see how Dubas gets back into the 1st unless he’s packaging a second rounder with Jarry or something. I feel like besides the generational talent being available in the first round they’ve mostly sucked at drafting there… they seem to do better in the second and third rounds.

Epic Neal Time

Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
The "What I'm hearing...." articles from Rossi/Yohe have been just regurgitating the same info since the trade deadline.

"They want to move Smith"
"They might change the goaltending, or they might not"
"They are interested in extending Pettersson."

Literally the only new thing is the Beauvillier tidbit

Reactions: Sideline and Turin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad