Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Weird how you had no problem saying this same stuff about Matt Murray.
Because Murray literally would say stuff where he blamed lucky goals or just luck. Murray was never an issue in his own mind. He put up legendary numbers in his time in the ahl and the first two seasons as a Penguin and I was a fan and excited about the potential but each time there was a bad loss he would blame lucky shots or just seem agitated about it.
Jarry is arrogant and never takes ownership for his issues, I'm not sure what you are smoking.
I've already answered this with actual interviews about him taking ownership. So your narrative is false as there's a factual proof.

Your issue is he's quiet and speaks to the media as mostly "we" and not "me." As most players do. But there's been interviews written where he's talked about not being good enough and needing to be better to help the team.

You can hate that he gets hurt, has a bad second half, etc. But don't make up dumb shit mate.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Because Murray literally would say stuff where he blamed lucky goals or just luck. Murray was never an issue in his own mind. He put up legendary numbers in his time in the ahl and the first two seasons as a Penguin and I was a fan and excited about the potential but each time there was a bad loss he would blame lucky shots or just seem agitated about it.

I've already answered this with actual interviews about him taking ownership. So your narrative is false as there's a factual proof.

Your issue is he's quiet and speaks to the media as mostly "we" and not "me." As most players do. But there's been interviews written where he's talked about not being good enough and needing to be better to help the team.

You can hate that he gets hurt, has a bad second half, etc. But don't make up dumb shit mate.
Can I hate when he stares down his teammates every time a puck gets behind him because it can certainly not be his fault?

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
The people who think Gibson isn’t terrible say that he has completely mailed it in playing for a shit team, so his bad numbers are due to him not caring. How exactly is that vibe better than Jarry’s?
One goalie looks like he needs a new voice for a goalie coach and is over played early in the season which clearly wears on him.

The other is apparently tired of losing so doesn't try and has been pretty mediocre to bad for a few seasons and is now being discussed as an option.

What a time to be alive.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Now who's making up dumb shit
You, mate.

It's no different than Sid staring down his linemates or yelling at his team or anyone else doing that after a bad play. What a weird f***ing narrative by you lot. That Jarry is this asshole that shits all over his team. Does he get hurt each season? Yeah. Does he have a bad second half? Yeah. Those are valid points. Don't make up dumb f*** stuff like Gurgletwats and Turdin. I don't care for that stupid lying bullshit. Stick to the actual issues with him and piss off about the rest.

Makes it clear you lot then feel Sullivan isn't the issue, really.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
We for sure need a better goalie coach

It's andy chiodo still with the team? Yeesh
We move one goalie that isn't working and keep a cheaper goalie that wasn't much better while the system won't be fixed because now there's an assistant that enables what Sullivan is already doing. Oh and a goalie coach that hasn't improved either goalie last season.

What could possibly go wrong for young Blomqvist in that environment?

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
We move one goalie that isn't working and keep a cheaper goalie that wasn't much better while the system won't be fixed because now there's an assistant that enables what Sullivan is already doing. Oh and a goalie coach that hasn't improved either goalie last season.

What could possibly go wrong for young Blomqvist in that environment?
It's why if youre smart, like Jake, you bail from this ship

Last edited:
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
It's why if your smart, like Jake, you bail from this ship
Of course. There's so many issues and I feel like Jake was never going to come back and had demands he knew Dubas wouldn't be able to match, essentially keeping himself in everyone's good graces while seemingly asking for a trade without asking and then playing the victim. Not the first time we've seen that literal move by a player, it's like a textbook tactic.

There were moments last season where Karlsson was on the verge of calling out the coaching and issues and you could hear it in his voice and the way he was talking about things but then decided to err on the side of professionalism all the while being destroyed by the Pens media. I don't think anyone is on the same page on the team and no one wants to speak up.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Certainly, if we're going to surmise about individual personality and or vibes.. I'm gonna surmise that this is a rudderless ship of chaos. FSG don't know what to do, Dubas is making shit up on the fly, the coaching staff are way out to lunch on league trends let alone on evaluating the talent at hand, and the players are a group of guys not a team.

It's just mismanagement. It's when your boss sucks and the office is falling apart.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
It's obviously impactful in the room too, otherwise Ned wouldn't have gotten the run he got.

People are always making these arguments about Ned over Jarry in terms of "raw numbers" without factoring in the team was actually willing to sellout for Ned.
I lost track how many times Sullivan and the skaters used the word "compete" to describe Ned during that stretch. Ned fought for every possible save. He didn't pout. He has limitations. I don't think he'll ever be a true No. 1. But he'll battle and that wins over teammates.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I could never come up with something that lame. You either come with the heat like K12 Kyle or Kindergarten Kyle or not at all.

Kyle-O-Dial Dundee

That’s not a trade, this is a trade.

IMG_9958.png

Last edited:

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
The people who think Gibson isn’t terrible say that he has completely mailed it in playing for a shit team, so his bad numbers are due to him not caring. How exactly is that vibe better than Jarry’s?
Because he’s been in a horrible defensive environment with no goal support for half a decade now, which is a little different.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I lost track how many times Sullivan and the skaters used the word "compete" to describe Ned during that stretch. Ned fought for every possible save. He didn't pout. He has limitations. I don't think he'll ever be a true No. 1. But he'll battle and that wins over teammates.
Apparently by the videos the idiots post about Jarry, this means Ned is obnoxious and doesn't take ownership. Our Nedeljkovic, the Vezina winning goalie. The nerve.

Also, he's a Cleveland Browns fan so he supports sexual abuse. Just turrible.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Weird how you had no problem saying this same stuff about Matt Murray.

Jarry is arrogant and never takes ownership for his issues, I'm not sure what you are smoking.
Someone at work told me there is a rumor that Sully was ticked that Jarry didn’t seem to care about losing his job.

It is odd he just kind of shrugged his shoulders.

Reactions: Andy99

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Imagine being tied for the league lead in shutouts with a team that can't play defense and a terrible coaching staff that can't adjust in game to anything!! Not that bad for a guy people want to kick out of town

The way we play, Neds over a long season rather than a short stretch will get eaten alive, so will Gibson...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad