Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
When have they cared about putting high producing players who drive play with Geno? Lol

Great, now I’m craving hotdogs

IMG_9515.jpeg

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think you are adding for Hague, but I mean most of these are ideas that I've been about this year.

Also think you are adding in a back-up goaltender over Blomqvist.

Yeah they have an extra $2 million in cap space to wiggle around with if they want to get another Nedjelkovic to be the backup.

Even if they’d go with a $1.5 million backup, they’d still have like $6 million prorated cap space at the deadline.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah they have an extra $2 million in cap space to wiggle around with if they want to get another Nedjelkovic to be the backup.

Even if they’d go with a $1.5 million backup, they’d still have like $6 million prorated cap space at the deadline.

I don't see the need to add Lizotte if you are adding Koko. If you are keeping Acciari and have Pono and Poulin that gives you three players that can fill out a 4C hole.

sauce66871

Dec 14, 2011
What’s going to happen to POJ? Any chance he would be swapped for an RFA forward or in a package… like maybe a package to Ottawa to play with his brother and we upgrade that LD spot to Chychrun?

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
When have they cared about putting high producing players who drive play with Geno? Lol
Well he had Kessel who could do shit on his own and drive the play, and Neal who was the play finishing triggerman. /shrug

Everyone acts like Geno's always had Taylor Pyatt on his wing. He's had some very, very good players to play with. :laugh:

Reactions: ChaosAgent

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
You certainly could do this, but I don't think it takes advantages of the resources we do have in the system.
  • St. Ivany showed enough that I am fine penciling him in as the #6. We do need a Ruhwedel type behind him that can step in for injuries or poor form that wont lose their game in the pressbox. That was always the Ruhwedel value - as a #7.
  • Spending 4M on a 3C doesn't make sense to me when we have Ponomarev, Poulin, Eller or DOC that can fill that role, probably in that order of preference. Try the guys we have, add externally in December if you have to.
  • 3m for a 4th liner doesn't seem like good asset management. Tanev 2.0. Love the player, hate the value for his usage. Gruden is an option, Acciari is an option (on the W), as are the loser of the Poulin/Pono battle, Puljiarvi, etc. There's better places to spend that money.
  • I don't think we need to retain 2.5m just to dump Reilly Smith, unless it's a part of a big trade for an under market value guy coming back. It's just one year, but that still hurts.
I'd rather take the 4M from Colton, 3.1M from Arviddson, 3M from Trennin and spend it on one 10m impact W.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You certainly could do this, but I don't think it takes advantages of the resources we do have in the system.
  • St. Ivany showed enough that I am fine penciling him in as the #6. We do need a Ruhwedel type behind him that can step in for injuries or poor form that wont lose their game in the pressbox. That was always the Ruhwedel value - as a #7.
  • Spending 4M on a 3C doesn't make sense to me when we have Ponomarev, Poulin, Eller or DOC that can fill that role, probably in that order of preference. Try the guys we have, add externally in December if you have to.
  • 3m for a 4th liner doesn't seem like good asset management. Tanev 2.0. Love the player, hate the value for his usage. Gruden is an option, Acciari is an option (on the W), as are the loser of the Poulin/Pono battle, Puljiarvi, etc. There's better places to spend that money.
  • I don't think we need to retain 2.5m just to dump Reilly Smith, unless it's a part of a big trade for an under market value guy coming back. It's just one year, but that still hurts.
I'd rather take the 4M from Colton, 3.1M from Arviddson, 3M from Trennin and spend it on one 10m impact W.

And who is this lol?

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Well he had Kessel who could do shit on his own and drive the play, and Neal who was the play finishing triggerman. /shrug

Everyone acts like Geno's always had Taylor Pyatt on his wing. He's had some very, very good players to play with. :laugh:

Even when he played with Hags and Horny (not notable playmakers), they just created so much chaos Malkin could glide in and score. It was his healthiest season in a decade and he scored 42 goals.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
CapFriendly.com Armchair-GM User-Generated Roster

FORWARDS (14)
Right Wing: Bryan Rust ($5,125,000) - Rickard Rakell ($5,000,000) - Valtteri Puustinen ($775,000) - Noel Acciari ($2,000,000)
Centre: Sidney Crosby ($8,700,000) - Evgeni Malkin ($6,100,000) - Vasili Ponomarev ($795,000) - Lars Eller ($2,450,000) - Samuel Poulin ($775,000)
Left Wing: Sam Reinhart ($10,500,000) - Michael Bunting ($4,500,000) - Drew O'Connor ($925,000) - Jonathan Gruden ($775,000) - Jesse Puljujärvi ($800,000)

DEFENSE (7)
Right: Erik Karlsson ($10,000,000) - Kris Letang ($6,100,000) - Jack St. Ivany ($775,000)
Left: Marcus Pettersson ($4,025,175) - Pierre-Olivier Joseph ($1,250,000) - Ryan Graves ($4,500,000)
John Ludvig ($775,000)

GOALTENDER (2)
Tristan Jarry ($5,375,000) - Joel Blomqvist ($886,667)

BUYOUTS (1)
Jack Johnson ($916,667)

RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (1)
Jeff Petry ($1,562,500)

DETAILS
Roster Size: 23
Salary Cap: $87,700,000
Cap Hit: $85,386,009
Cap Space: $2,313,991

There's enough space there to upgrade one of POJ or Blomqvist. Your choice.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
I posted Stephenson was roughly a 5 million winger on a new deal. Dubas moves Smith and has Stephenson and then adds Trenin for 2.5. Pens have 17 in cap space if they move Smith out, 16 with a million retention. That is more than enough to add tow physical wingers with DOC and Bunting. Love Reinhart and wanted him and The RD Montour from buffalo but Hextall was out to lunch.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Didn’t he start out with Sid first, didn’t mesh and then Geno got him? …same with Bunting…that seems to be the way first lol
I think they tried kessel with sid

It didn't work

Then he went to geno

Where it also didn't work

Then Geno got hurt and HBK became a thing that worked

Then he continued not working without hagelin or bonino until we traded him for some blue cotton candy

But yeah, kessel was passed around. Also sullivan is a moron.

Reactions: Andy99

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I like the direction. Personally, I'd prefer someone a touch younger than Arvidsson. I'd rather not use the $1 million on Stecher and the $3.1 on RV and see what I could get for $4 million. I don't have a particular name, though.

I was wondering who this RV guy was... It would make more sense going with ARV, but that's just me.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I was legitimately bummed when he didn't bring back Gaudreau.

I always liked what he brought to the table.
Gaudreau, McCann, Tanev, Rodrigues and Blueger is a lot of decent depth just pissed away for (almost) no reason. Oh well. At least Brian Boyle was dope that one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad