Post-Game Talk: Pens-2, Flames-4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Well this thread is already painful to read. I'm glad I stopped in to see the gross overreactions because of 1 really bad game. I love the Lovejoy mention too, he was obviously so bad today :laugh:

Right, 1 bad game. It's not like the issues today have popped up before...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Most overreactive poster on the forum.

We are an NHL team. We have positives and negatives. Don't view things in a vacuum. Look at PK Subban on the Habs and the way he's being treated. Don't be like that.

Also, the Hags argument is so stupid in this game. He was out for nearly ten minutes. Of course the lines were changed.

How many years does the same **** need to go on in order for you to stop throwing out the strawman ******** of "overreaction after a loss, other teams aren't perfect, things are fine"?

:laugh:

Yeah man. We're going places. Things are swell.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm pretty sure this is the 2nd time you've made this post this week, so I'm pretty sure it's not "1 bad game" that people are responding to

It is the second time this week, yeah. It just bothers me because posters who think that are always screaming about how bad we are when we suck but are dead silent when we play well. The team is just massively inconsistent right now, they're not a good team or a bad team with any sort of regularity.

I just feel like a multi paragraph rant about how much we suck is way too much when they're 1 game removed from one of the best games of the year. I'd feel the same way if someone were to post a "we're awesome and we're gonna go 16-0 in the playoffs" after a game like the Rangers game.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
I realllly advocate Rust getting a look in the top six. The puck is almost glued to his stick on the boards. To the poster who said he doesn't pass enough, put him with Sid or Geno, he'll pass it. They always do.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
The problem with saying the top 6 is moving deck chairs around on the deck of the Titanic is that Kunitz isn't even a chair. Growing up my sister had this three legged stool, one of the legs was ****ed up and wouldn't stay on but she kept the stool because she liked the way it looked. Every once and awhile someone would be stupid enough to use the death stool. Kunitz is the death stool, not a chair.
This sounds like character backstory you expect to hear from a survivor on The Walking Dead an episode or two before they die.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
4 opportunities you say. I bet he wont be geting any more seeing how bad Kunitz is now. We aint fooling anyone no more. ..

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Pouliot needs to be mentioned in this PGT.
He's really coming into his own.
On the level that i can't tell you who will have the better NHL career in Pouliot or Maatta right now.

It's great that DP is starting to figure out how to play in the NHL. Not DP just scored his 28th goal of the year.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Well this thread is already painful to read. I'm glad I stopped in to see the gross overreactions because of 1 really bad game. I love the Lovejoy mention too, he was obviously so bad today :laugh:

Lovejoy was mentioned in the context of being a bad hockey player, and one that is misused because of poor coaching and poor construction. /shrug

Read posts. It helps.

Whatever though. Gross overreactions after a loss, exaggerations, meaningless game in March, #injuries, thingsarefine.jpg, rah rah go Pens go, etc.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Right, 1 bad game. It's not like the issues today have popped up before...

Then where were the "we suck, everything is awful" rants before this game? The Pens played a horrible game and have played numerous horrible games this year. They don't suck because they're bad in those games, just like they're not amazing because they're amazing in games like the Rangers game.

Lovejoy was mentioned in the context of being a bad hockey player, and one that is misused because of poor coaching and poor construction. /shrug

Lovejoy is a #6 that was being used as a #6 before he got hurt. I really don't see how he was misused. But you're probably in the boat that he should be an ECHLer, correct?

Whatever though. Gross overreactions after a loss, exaggerations, meaningless game in March, #injuries, thingsarefine.jpg, rah rah go Pens go, etc.

I too love strawmen.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'm just having trouble seeing the positives for our future. We lack good prospects, which was fine when we were a dominant team that had a chance to win the cup, but now that we're just a bubble team and we STILL don't have prospects, that's a bad bad place to be.

I'm glad JR finally showed some patience at the deadline and kept what high picks we do have, but it's not enough. We're still on pace to crash and burn in the future unless we can start developing some more young elite talent.

The Caps would be in the same spot as us imo except that they lucked out big time and managed to hit a home run with Kuznetsov.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I cannot even begin to fathom how you can possibly defend what Sullivan did there. Hagelin-Crosby-Hornqvist was quite literally the only line that was working today. The. Only. One. No coach with half a brain would break up the one group of players that was producing for them in a game.

Kunitz was hurting Malkin's line. Kunitz needed to be moved. You don't hurt the other line to fix it. You need a defensive presence? Move Cullen there. You need someone that can help move the puck? Move Wilson there.

Rearrange the deck chairs all you like but don't ****ing break up the one thing that works. That's not rearranging any chairs, that's purposefully sinking the ship. Geno's line didn't get any better with Hagelin and Sid's line clearly suffered.

Can't fathom?

Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel was productivce in the past. As was KCH.

Again, your problem is that they won't move our 3rd best center or a lesser version of Tyler Kennedy up to replace Kunitz.

Wilson's pretty much our only hope outside of Beau Bennett miraculously staying healthy long enough to earn the coach's trust defensively playing his off wing. And Wilson hasn't been all that great recently.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston

you're right. it's just this one game that has ppl upset. everything else is ****ing roses.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Same ole, same ole, Geno has his worst game and somehow it's all kunitz's fault.

Been through all three pages and not one mention of it.

Yeah, there were some pluses in the game. They don't stand out the biggest minuses.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Same ole, same ole, Geno has his worst game and somehow it's all kunitz's fault.

Yeah, there were some pluses in the game. They don't stand out the biggest minuses.

People have mentioned that Geno had a bad game. Malkin also having a bad game doesn't mean that Kunitz wasn't god awful.

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
Did Kunitz really got 22 minutes of ice time? That can't be right.

Pretty deflating game to lose against a bad team. This is more or less how this team is now though.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Yeah this makes the win against the rangers a fluke with lundqvist having a rare off game.

It's not a fluke. We just are what we are now. We win some, lose some. That's the team we are. If we're lucky we'll manage to play just a bit better than the whole host of other teams just behind us standingswise that are in the same boat.

Then we'll most likely lose in the first round unless we get red hot. Yay.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012

You didn't look close enough :laugh:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
For me, i don't think this team has a chance of going anywhere until they get one big upgrade + another upgrade over Hags on LW.

BigUpgrade
Upgrade
Hagelin

Hags is the good start of a shutdown 3rd line.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
People have mentioned that Geno had a bad game. Malkin also having a bad game doesn't mean that Kunitz wasn't god awful.

Well Kunitz being god awful is just kinda the norm. Can you even say that's Kunitz having a bad game? That's just Kunitz playing a game :laugh:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
[/B]

Hagelin was playing amazing with Kessel and Malkin previously, lets not forget that.

Hagelin playing well with Kessel and Malkin has exactly what to do with Kunitz? Plus Hagelin didn't help that line at all today.

Can't fathom?

Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel was productivce in the past. As was KCH.

Again, your problem is that they won't move our 3rd best center or a lesser version of Tyler Kennedy up to replace Kunitz.

Wilson's pretty much our only hope outside of Beau Bennett miraculously staying healthy long enough to earn the coach's trust defensively playing his off wing. And Wilson hasn't been all that great recently.

KCH has never worked outside of early in the season last year. They produce because Sidney Crosby is really ****ing good at hockey. That's it. Kunitz and Hornqvist should not be on the same line. Kunitz is a black hole on whatever line he's on. I don't care what you think about Cullen or Wilson or Rust or anyone else. No one kills every single play the way Kunitz does.

There is absolutely zero justification for killing the only momentum they had in this game.

Dinfire

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
I think it's a message board where people have what may be their only outlet for their Penguins-related emotions and generally speaking I don't see the benefit of "you're all too negative but now you should be negative!"

If you wanna post and be negative, post and be negative. If you don't wanna post, okay, don't post. What's with the judgmental setup?

Because I used to really enjoy coming to this board. I'm sure there are a lot more people like me who have stopped coming because of all the overreaction and rampant, overwrought negativity. THIS is the kind of game where some posters should be acting the way they typically do and I tried to provide perspective so that maybe some of them will chill out and realize that there are games that deserve that kind of reaction. A game the Penguins win is not one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad