Value of: Penguins Impending UFA's Malkin, Letang, Rust (With Up to 50% Retention)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
They haven't missed the playoffs in the Crosby/Malkin era - and they won't this year.

The fact that they're having a bad start to the season just means one of Crosby/Malkin is more likely than usual to end up a hart finalist this year, as they'll have to carry their team back to contention. Win/win if you're a Pens fan

Like many things in this league: It is, until its not.
or the reverse

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
How many guys do you f***ing need?

Kuch, Point, Stammer, Hedman, Vasilevsky, and now Geno?

That would be hockey’s version of the 2017 Golden State Warriors
giphy.gif

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Why Dumoulin to the west coast? He's from Maine so I wouldn't be surprised if he'd like to stay close (and by close I mean anywhere on the east coast).
Usually they don't like trading inside their own conference. Add the pens and ducks have a good history and the weather is good!!! Did see a report about the Oilers being interested as well

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I would be very very interested in Letang and Rust.

Letang Rielly

Muzzin Brodie

Would be an incredible top 4

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
The way the Jets are playing, they look like a potential contender to me. Forwards and goal are set, and their d is solid, but missing that clear cut number 1.

Letang for a first and good prospect? Jets have guys like Rashevsky, Lucuis, Samberg and Chibrikov as secondary prospects, but would probably balk at either Perfetti or Heinola for a rental. They would also probably have to throw someone in for cap reasons. Maybe Demelo?

Does some combination of those prospects and picks get something done?

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
L’étang just this week went on the record and said that Montreal would Interetest him. With Weber retiring( probably) and Petry potentially being trade bait( as per rumOrs) we could definitely use a puck moving champion RD.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The way the Jets are playing, they look like a potential contender to me. Forwards and goal are set, and their d is solid, but missing that clear cut number 1.

Letang for a first and good prospect? Jets have guys like Rashevsky, Lucuis, Samberg and Chibrikov as secondary prospects, but would probably balk at either Perfetti or Heinola for a rental. They would also probably have to throw someone in for cap reasons. Maybe Demelo?

Does some combination of those prospects and picks get something done?

His NTC may complicate things, but I think Letang brings back more than this. The last semi-comparable player to Letang that has been traded was Shattenkirk, who was moved for Sanford, a 1st and a conditional 2nd. Letang's a complete step above Shattenkirk, so I'd expect even more than that.

I'd expect something similar in the mold to the Taylor Hall trade, where there were multiple good assets instead of any truly great assets going back for Hall. I'd expect something like 2 1sts and a B level prospect (on par with someone like Bahl) or something like that for Letang.

Reactions: KIRK

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
His NTC may complicate things, but I think Letang brings back more than this. The last semi-comparable player to Letang that has been traded was Shattenkirk, who was moved for Sanford, a 1st and a conditional 2nd. Letang's a complete step above Shattenkirk, so I'd expect even more than that.

I'd expect something similar in the mold to the Taylor Hall trade, where there were multiple good assets instead of any truly great assets going back for Hall. I'd expect something like 2 1sts and a B level prospect (on par with someone like Bahl) or something like that for Letang.

I think they could probably make a legit package with the assets mentioned (Chibrikov, Rashevsky, Lucuis, Samberg) and some combination of picks.

You're right though, his NTC may be an issue. Depends if he believes Winnipeg has a shot at going deep.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Usually they don't like trading inside their own conference. Add the pens and ducks have a good history and the weather is good!!! Did see a report about the Oilers being interested as well
Would definitely have time for Dumo in Edmonton if he'd go.

What would the ask be?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad