Confirmed with Link: Penguins bring back Cullen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
This kinda pisses me off a wee bit (and I really like Cullen). Why did he bother leaving last season only to come back 1 year later? The Pens could have really used him. Sigh. Anyhow, welcome back old man.

Last edited:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Assuming the money is around $1M I think this is a great signing. The Penguins were very thin on proven PK guys that could be trusted to take faceoffs. This is Rowney's replacement and if you don't think this is an improvement I don't know what else you want.

It’s 650K !

Reactions: Sideline

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
League min on a guy like that? There are ZERO issues with that EVER. That is safe as hell and a guy who is a locker room hero to that team.

IF you complain about that, it's on you. Absolute ZERO risk.

Best way I'll put it, who would you rather have as an extra forward? JS Dea or Cullen? That's not even a question, you know the answer is Cullen.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
He's also old as dirt, though. I guess it's better than Kunitz, but I guess this is JR's version of re-signing Kunitz.
he was old as dirt his first stint here too and it went just fine. Can't say I watched him last year, but even if he's lost a step he's still way better than Kuhn or Rowney.

Reactions: EightyOne

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Giant Cullen fan but I like it. He still had it for Minnesota once he adjusted. He fills a lot of needs and is a safe bet to play our system.

Never a safe bet that he'll still have it the next season at his age but if he does, people will be happy about this in 6 months.

It's a minimum contract (1 year @ $650k) so there is absolutely 0 risk to the signing. I like it.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
As a #13, rest his ass up and let him coach. Let him have a cup of coffee at practice and enjoy life.

Clatartar

Dec 28, 2014
I like it so long as it's as a 13th fw. He'll be a good mentor for Sheahan and even Brassard.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I like it. He's still better than Rowney. Decent 4th line wing who can fill in at center and be a 2nd PK center.

Ah. There it is. The PK is filled out at forward without any of the big offensive weapons having to. Sheahan, Cullen, Rust, Hagelin and with ZAR lurking. Sullivan might be weird with Cullen if he’s done or needs a rest though.

I do wonder if there’s a post retirement job with the Pens for this.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
League min on a guy like that? There are ZERO issues with that EVER. That is safe as hell and a guy who is a locker room hero to that team.

IF you complain about that, it's on you. Absolute ZERO risk.

The risk is seeing Simon or Sprong scratched for him when they don't deserve it.

Buuuuuut the benefit would be seeing Simon or Sprong scratched for him when do deserve it over just about anyone in WBS.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
f*** you, Rutherford.

But but but he wants to be with his family in Minnesota!

Reactions: Ryder71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad