OT: Winnipeg Blue Bombers 2024 Season Thread (8-6) - Finding ways to get it done. - Next vs EDM Sept 27 700pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
To be fair, this same Bombers D held what was at the time the leading contender for MOP to just 4 first downs and derailed his season. I think Ford is a fine QB, just this Bombers D is REALLY good.
Tre is slow minded. His progressions are slow and he panicks after is 1st/2nd reads aren't there and I don't think he is athletic enough to worry too much about when everything breaks down.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Horribly underthrown ball, looked like an easy pick for Alexander. Somehow becomes a TD.
Alexander was totally static, stood there waiting for the ball to get to him, somehow not thinking that the opponent would also want the ball and make a move to actively go get it. It was the same passive approach Willie Jefferson used when he let the other team jump all over him on that onside kick a couple of games ago. I think Ford would have been more aggressive on that pass, surging forward to at least create an incompletion if not a pick.

Generally speaking that was a scary game for the most part. Too close for comfort. Good thing Oliveira was there to save the day; I guess he got some blocking too, so good for the hogs. I thought the Bombers' lesser-light receivers also did well.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
Gauthier, despite being listed as the starter, didn't play any snaps on D last game. It was Tony Jones and David Ayers at LB. With Kyrie back it'll be Jones and Wilson at LB.
Maybe I was thinking back to Bighill's first injury against HAM where I was sure Gauthier had a few snaps in that middle - but nevertheless, your point stands as I saw in yesterday's game: they have their LBs playing most of those snaps and far back in coverage. Although, maybe that was more of a gameplan since it looked like they had two spies on Tre Ford the whole game and forced him to beat him with his throwing arm (which he didn't do); but WPG struggled in the actual running game like I would have expected without Bighill's positioning and instructing where his teammates should go. Hopefully they figure out how to gel without that presence as they approach the post-season.

Otherwise: Collaros had a rough first half, but Oliveira looked fantastic and helped his QB have a better second half - but it's obvious he's missing his reliable receivers like Schoen and Wolitarsky who can find space in a way that Collaros can spot them and make the safe plays to march down the field. I also thought* that Brandon Alexander had an awful game, and not just because he/Ford both played the flea flicker TD miserably - just all around lacklustre effort playing for turnovers instead of making a tackle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad