Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Capitals 2 - SAVE US #30

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I wouldn’t say good but they weren’t terrible. It’s not a good mix but a couple guys coming back sends two of them out.

Black aces will be up.

Blueger and Sprong will be showing their talent in practice...skating by Sully.." put me in coach?"

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
man I just couldn't help myself. Went back and read the couple pages after the first goal. Man this place is hilariously reactionary :laugh:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I was at the game and it was GLORIOUS. Caps fans stunned per usual, and the Pens fans storming the steps afterwards:D

I am surprised that they were stunned by the result given how many times it has happened to them in the past. If it were me I would be in a hope for the best but expect the worst every time I played the Pens.

They are the Houston Oilers of the NHL. And I guess that would make Ovechkin Earl Campbell.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
We’re still playing too many plodders...ZAR, Rowney, Simon, Kuhn....the first three I’m not impressed with...they’re not really NHL players...it’s unfortunate that we don’t have the same speedy young players with upside to make an impact on the team as we had the last couple years with Rust, Sheary, Jake...even Wilson and Archi were better imo....

Simon? Dude was very good.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Also should realize Rowney/Kuhn have a ton of experience now. Theyve played in the most pressure situations we had during these last two runs and held their own.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

Loved what i saw from him. Was wondering going into this game if he could show that potential on that line. He did. Keep him there...he will come up big for us in some of these games. Doing what Sheary/Rust did in their first playoffs. Just be patient with him.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

When was the last time he scored a goal? Point blank opportunities...he’s a winger...if he was a NHL player he’d have put one in....even Hags, Rust would have put that in....

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Some users brought up some great talking points. Just wanted to add my 2 cents.

- ZAR: f***ing awful. Sure, he will be a nice player to have next year, but he's severely outplayed by everyone. He isn't adding anything to this squad. He looks horrible. But he's young and has upside. I think he needs to be the first player out. As I think @Jesse mentioned, 4th line had 0 shots and ate d-zone time. That was bad. Simon wasn't great, but he brings a tad bit of offense. If Geno comes back, Sheahan/Simon can do some nice stuff out there.

- Oleksiak: It's so hard when watching on TV what Sully isn't liking. I thought he had an okay performance from what I saw. Sully isn't liking something and his minutes are suffering. I wish i had an overhead angle to see where he is w/ his gap, depth, and what he's doing to support the play. Ruh/Oleksiak is an up/down experiment. When/if Hunwick comes in, I won't be shocked.

Hockey Freak 7

Kris Letang to another team. GOAT CROSBY 4 HART
Apr 1, 2018
Oh .
I wanna say I don’t understand why Sid isn’t a Selke finalist..

He should be one .. I would say for the last couple of years..
He deserves it.

He’s the Conn Symnthe Winner again this year and Jake is the runner up.. imo..

Reactions: ColePens

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
man I just couldn't help myself. Went back and read the couple pages after the first goal. Man this place is hilariously reactionary :laugh:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Seriously, where are the folks who kept saying that? The narrative only seems to be brought up when they're apart, but there's no explanation for why Sid has no issue with it when they're together for a stretch of games.
I think the argument would be that he knows it works, it's just not the style he wants to play for 82 games a year.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Oh .
I wanna say I don’t understand why Sid isn’t a Selke finalist..

He should be one .. I would say for the last couple of years..
He deserves it.

He’s the Conn Symnthe Winner again this year and Jake is the runner up.. imo..

Because Bergeron has to be a nominee every year. It's as if the people who select this award have no f***ing clue who is good/bad defensively but if they keep bringing up the same names, then they have to be good.

Another damn shame? Hossa never won it. I don't actually even know if he was a nominee before. But Sid/Hossa are two guys who should have been in the top honor before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad