Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Capitals 2 - SAVE US #30

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Something we haven't talked about either. Pens were VERY disciplined. They know to stay away from the Caps powerplay. CBJ.. LULZ. They took 300 penalties.

Cause the Caps are amateurs. Pens paid the refs in CASH. Caps gave them a check and told them to hold it until payday tomorrow.

Boom.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Are you freaking kidding? Not a goalie in the league stops those.

You were the one *****ing about how he was deep in his crease. If you knew as much as you think you do, you'd understand it's a quick turnover with speed. If he gets out on top of his crease kuz walks him and puts it into an open net; then you'd be complaining about that.

Why even respond to him? He's literally a Fleury fanboy who will rag on Murray unless Murray gets a shutout. And even then, he'll just credit the team for playing well defensively.

-----

In any case, great game by Murray. Huge, huge effort tonight. He out-dueled Holtby tonight, and the Pens won because of that.

The Sid/Jake/Horny line was tremendous. A couple of bad pinches by the defense when they were on resulted in both Capitals' goals, but that line more than made up for it by scoring all three of the Pens' goals.

I also thought Kessel had some jump tonight. His linemates (particularly Simon) just didn't finish.

Great Game 1 win.

Reactions: TheSniper26

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
It is just game 1 so...never too high, never too low...
Encouraging thing is the high danger chances for were there.
Both teams will adjust and see what we get in game 2.

The 4th line does need a speed element added. Jooris is the perfect guy for that atm.
Fully expect they won't change a thing tho and Geno will just take 1 of Rowney, Simon or ZAR out of the lineup(likely Rowns)

It’s probably ZAR that’s out. Only 6:40 tonight and almost 3 mins less than anyone else. Plus he’s really been our worst forward so far.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Best of his career? lol, Please.

He was good, although for the first period, I was nervous. He started the 2nd great, none of the goals were on him, he made some key saves. But if that's the best game of his career, we need to trade him.

But, he was a top 3 star this game. He made some huge saves. Crosby was pretty awesome, as usual. Kessel was on.

We were the better team. Only reason we weren't leading after 2 was because Holtby was the better goaltender in the first 2 periods. Luckily, he definitely wasn't the better goaltender in the 3rd and as a result, in the game.

I was nervous too..exactly why i say best(at least one of best) games of his career. Considering everything that went down. He could have folded. No help on D. Offense couldnt score..etc.etc. he came up with huge saves.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Like I said earlier tonight. A sweep wouldn’t surprise me. I thought we’d blow them out, but we did what was even worse. Gave them hope and just ran over them.

Maybe they will adjust and find something, but I don't think the Caps have the defense to deal with any team left in the playoffs...

Even last year Nate Smith was amazing against us... he killed so many possessions... and they basically replaced him with a bunch of mediocre guys

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Hornqvist Is ok right?

Horny will never be OK.

Im more concerned with Rust. I noticed Game 6 with Philly he literally did not skate. At all. Go back to footage from our PKs near the end if you have it, and he is just like standing high slot. There is something way off with Rust right now.

Reactions: BillPrep

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Big O had under 10 mins tonight. He wasn’t great against Philly last game but thought he looked better tonight. Maybe the tight game at the end dried up his minutes

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You dam right.. I always thought he was a great defenseman. He really coming in his own really underrated.
he’s the key to this playoffs again.. I want him to stay healthy and I would like him to Big our only top defenseman on minutes with Shultz and Määttä getting some extra minutes..
Määttä, Dumoulin and Shultz is the key
I thought Big Rig would be I don’t know what happen to him.. he did get hit tonight.. he did a good defensively effort one shift..
We're really having to heavily rely on our top four. We need our bottom pair to be a bit more positionally sound. Oleksiak in particular. Although I thought he was bit better tonight than our last game in Philly.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Horny will never be OK.

Im more concerned with Rust. I noticed Game 6 with Philly he literally did not skate. At all. Go back to footage from our PKs near the end if you have it, and he is just like standing high slot. There is something way off with Rust right now.
waaaaaaaay off if you ask me...

Reactions: EightyOne

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
I was nervous too..exactly why i say best(at least one of best) games of his career. Considering everything that went down. He could have folded. No help on D. Offense couldnt score..etc.etc. he came up with huge saves.

He had some bad rebounds in the first and a couple lucky "how the **** were those not goals"? That's why I was nervous. The Penguins did play more wide open. But in the first 2 periods, he was the worse of the 2 goalies on the ice. But I think he gained confidence in the 2nd, and played a lot more solidly after from there. I think to call it the best game of his career is a huge huge stretch. The Ovechkin goal, that was a great shot though.

The Penguins were the better team tonight, even ignoring the goaltending.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Penguins terrible away record in regular season -- perfect 4-0 in the post season.
Hey now.
Some of that can be attributed to their experience as no moment is too big for them. They take a more business like approach which serves them well. They're not gonna get rattled. By biggest concern is them not executing up to snuff.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Some of that can be attributed to their experience as no moment is too big for them. They take a more business like approach which serves them well. They're not gonna get rattled. By biggest concern is them not executing up to snuff.

Yeah, when if they don't score they get rattled. Fairly though, Capitals are not Flyers. They won't eat at the Penguins egg and egg'ing them off their game. Capitals want to play a right game. That is the thing, they can not do that in the long run.
This is without Malkin - Haglin and Sheahan (!!!) at 2c.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016

Even on 6 cylinders they are dangerous. Like a nice V8 I bought that felt down on power. And was pouring fuel out the exhaust. Took a week to realize the previous owner had two plug wires mixed up. Maybe the Pens will flip their 3rd and 7th cylinder wires soon.

I just ask that they score 1+more goals than whoever they play. Even if I give up on them half way through a game and they come roaring back to make me feel dirty.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Even on 6 cylinders they are dangerous. Like a nice V8 I bought that felt down on power. And was pouring fuel out the exhaust. Took a week to realize the previous owner had two plug wires mixed up. Maybe the Pens will flip their 3rd and 7th cylinder wires soon.

I just ask that they score 1+more goals than whoever they play. Even if I give up on them half way through a game and they come roaring back to make me feel dirty.
And to your point I thought MM rose to the occasion when he needed him to. I thought he was a bit shaky in the latter part of the flyer series but tonight he certainly was a difference maker for us. He made our lead stand up. That's all you can ask of your goalie.

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
MM has had a rough year. I do trust him to play well more often than not though. Even in games where the Pens give up like 5 goals, it is rare when he just shits the bed vs the guys in front picking daisies in left field.

I would not feel safe with say, Holtby, as the Pens backstopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad