Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Capitals 2 - SAVE US #30

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Are you freaking kidding? Not a goalie in the league stops those.

You were the one *****ing about how he was deep in his crease. If you knew as much as you think you do, you'd understand it's a quick turnover with speed. If he gets out on top of his crease kuz walks him and puts it into an open net; then you'd be complaining about that.

Yeah i have zero.problem calling Murray out but he was ridiculous this game. Considering the circumstances..id say it was his best game of career. Was unreal there at the end..with our D trying to give the lead away

Hockey Freak 7

Kris Letang to another team. GOAT CROSBY 4 HART
Apr 1, 2018
Something we haven't talked about either. Pens were VERY disciplined. They know to stay away from the Caps powerplay. CBJ.. LULZ. They took 300 penalties.
Yes. I love it.. I just want Pens to get pp and capitalize on it. Pens gotten get caps to become weak to penalties..
It should have been 3-4 penalties for Wilson for Hornqvist and Crosby..

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Game 2 Caps crowd, will they be silent from pregame warmup on? they will probably go into Sunday afternoons game defeated.

At this point i dont think they care. Theyve been tortured to the point they arent even phased now.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
How much do you want to bet that Sully has the Pens playing as if they were the team down one game to none at home?

The Pens may lose but I doubt that they come out playing mentally checked out.

Penguin Suited Up

Dec 26, 2017
Murray is so good at reading the pace of the game. The last 5 minutes, he was just swallowing up pucks and sending them to the face off dots. Didn’t let the Caps get into any kind of rhythm.

Reactions: Hornqvists Glasses

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Great point. Didn't buy into any BS (not that there was much), played a relatively wise game at times.

After we took the lead, I noticed the Pens were going into the corners ultra conservative. They weren't going to give the refs a reason. If the hit was 100% clean - it happened. If it was even remotely close... nope. They veered right off.

Reactions: ncm7772 and KIRK

Hockey Freak 7

Apr 1, 2018
Apparently thats not what Sully thinks lol
Sheahan has played 20 minutes in game 6 and 17 in Game 1

He has been the second line c since Geno’s absence.

Brassard plays like 12-14 minutes a game..
He will probably continue that when Geno come

back
Sheahan will got back to 11-12minutes for 4C maybe 14 mines for key situations with Geno or Sid.. Sheahan has earn more time then brassard in my opinion.. I like brassard to play more but he should earned it..

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
That’s the only thing I can think.

Once we took the lead, he basically took five shifts.

Also, I really hated how they turtled after taking that lead.

They set up well in the D zone at the end. Looked very structured and picked the right spots to pressure the puck carrier.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
It is just game 1 so...never too high, never too low...
Encouraging thing is the high danger chances for were there.
Both teams will adjust and see what we get in game 2.

The 4th line does need a speed element added. Jooris is the perfect guy for that atm.
Or simply drop Sheary down/ZAR up and see what it gives you.
Fully expect they won't change a thing tho and Geno will just take 1 of Rowney, Simon or ZAR out of the lineup(likely Rowns)
Just really wish they'd keep the Sheahan-Phil combo and maybe with the ice Sheahan's getting atm, theres a chance it may happen.

Reactions: Andy99

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Yeah i have zero.problem calling Murray out but he was ridiculous this game. Considering the circumstances..id say it was his best game of career. Was unreal there at the end..with our D trying to give the lead away
Best of his career? lol, Please.

He was good, although for the first period, I was nervous. He started the 2nd great, none of the goals were on him, he made some key saves. But if that's the best game of his career, we need to trade him.

But, he was a top 3 star this game. He made some huge saves. Crosby was pretty awesome, as usual. Kessel was on.

We were the better team. Only reason we weren't leading after 2 was because Holtby was the better goaltender in the first 2 periods. Luckily, he definitely wasn't the better goaltender in the 3rd and as a result, in the game.

Hockey Freak 7

Apr 1, 2018
If i were to nitpick Sully, it's for this reason. Sully was using 2 centers on every d-zone draw. Every d-zone draw. But instead of trusting 2 leftys, he wasn't allowing Brassard to have those minutes. He was giving them to Rowney.

Well cool. Rowney was 25% on draws. That was his only mistake tonight. Right idea - wrong execution. TRUST Brassard. He dominated the draw.
Sully likes and trust Rowney more and he like Rowney.. probably giving Rowney to get his groove back. He might don’t trust brassard. It is what is..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad