GDT: PDF Game 3 | Ducks @ Flames 5/5/15 7:30 MT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Also, amazing how Anaheim isn't pressuring us right now. Our d-men are standing behind our nets setting up like its a PP.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Colborne dumps it in, and Jones holds up instead of chasing it into the corner? Wtf is up with that?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Not much to cheer about. Our team is getting out muscled, out skated and out worked.

Monahan is probably injured, so is Hudler... What it goes to show you is that when you have no real second line and when you're a light skilled team; you're going uphill.

Even if we lose this one and lose the next one, it has still been an excellent season. Second round of the playoffs and the 15th OA pick. That's good for me.

Good perspective. Every season there's only one team that ends the season by winning a playoff game.

14 end it at the end of the regular season, knowing they failed to even make the top 16 who made the playoff.

8 end it by getting immediately eliminated in the playoffs.

4 end it by losing in the second round.

2 end it by losing in the semifinals.

1 ends it by losing at the final hurdle.

We shouldn't really complain if we lose this series. Next season should be really fun with a healthy and more developed top line gets to feast on the non-playoff teams again. :)

That said, there's still an opportunity here this season.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Good perspective. Every season there's only one team that ends the season by winning a playoff game.

14 end it at the end of the regular season, knowing they failed to even make the top 16 who made the playoff.

8 end it by getting immediately eliminated in the playoffs.

4 end it by losing in the second round.

2 end it by losing in the semifinals.

1 ends it by losing at the final hurdle.

We shouldn't really complain if we lose this series. Next season should be really fun with a healthy and more developed top line gets to feast on the non-playoff teams again. :)

Yeah I agree.

On retrospect I think Huds and Monahan were injured for the Vancouver series and somehow we won. And then Ferland got injured in the first game of this series.

Since winning the cup in '89 we only got past the first round one time - in 2004.

We did well to get to the 2nd round.

But it's not done yet.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

Absolutely. Still a third period here. I hope they come out on fire and tie it up early. If we win this one, who knows what can happen! I still have some faith in it :laugh:

We also have to remember here guys, we are playing a team that is in its prime; they were the best team out West this year... And they'be been an annual high caliber team. It'll be fun watching the first line develop, Bennett's progress (he looks like a monster in the making), getting bigger... Nothing to complain about.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Jackman can't think of a cliche to throw out, so he just throws out a PP one? :laugh:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

Omg I didn't know if there'd be a payoff to that long clip . . . And there was a payoff to that long clip lol. Pierre makes me feel weird levels of terror I didn't know existed before. Like I need some hand sanitizer on my eyes or somethiing.

Pekkas Purse

Feb 2, 2010
Flames have quit. The absence of Ferland and Bouma is the key. Russell is too small. He is a 2nd line man filling in and it is glaringly evident the last 3 games. Flames need to acquire 2 big time D men. The other parts are in place. Hockey is not a playoff player until he becomes "St Louisan". His continual token contact and effeminate quick fearful puck release is a disgrace and ultimately not representative of the history of this team.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I noticed that the top line seemed to look good on a couple shifts near the end of the period, where the common theme was that the Ducks didn't have their first or second line out there. Certainly lends credence to the suggestion that the Ducks' players are actually that good.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Flames have quit. The absence of Ferland and Bouma is the key. Russell is too small. He is a 2nd line man filling in and it is glaringly evident the last 3 games. Flames need to acquire 2 big time D men. The other parts are in place. Hockey is not a playoff player until he becomes "St Louisan". His continual token contact and effeminate quick fearful puck release is a disgrace and ultimately not representative of the history of this team.

A little disappointed in Russell. Part of two goals against if I'm not mistaken. Some sloppy play both in the offensive end and d-end.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

That's quite the dose, man. Remember, you only have one liver.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I noticed that the top line seemed to look good on a couple shifts near the end of the period, where the common theme was that the Ducks didn't have their first or second line out there. Certainly lends credence to the suggestion that the Ducks' players are actually that good.

They were better near the end. You're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad