Paul Maurice, Stanley Cup Champion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Florida may have been playing against the best player in the world, but maybe, just maybe, Paul Maurice is more successful than most at holding off Connor McDavid. You'll never stop him altogether, but it's an interesting stat that the Jets, coached by Maurice, were the last team he scored a goal against, and it didn't happen until McDavid's third season in the NHL.

We can air drop him for a series if we ever play the oilers again

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Congratulations, to Paul Maurice and the Panthers. The pinnacle in any sport is very hard to achieve and must be celebrated and recognized.

Stanley Cup Winning Coach Paul Maurice is the new descriptor and introduction. Pretty much any and all failures get washed away by a Championship. Like it or not, that's the way pro sports works.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I could see PoMo facing some backlash from Panthers fans actually. I mean I'm not sure how I'd feel if he was our coach and he wished for his former team to win the championship next year...

But it was a nice thought from him from our perspective for sure.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I could see PoMo facing some backlash from Panthers fans actually. I mean I'm not sure how I'd feel if he was our coach and he wished for his former team to win the championship next year...

I wouldn't be a fan of this as a Panthers fan.

In a week, as part of an Athletics interview around "the long path to glory of Paul Maurice"? ... sure, whatever. But right after Game 7, still literally standing on the freaking ice, only moments after lifting the cup? I wouldn't like that... And you know what? I would advise him to not do thar. Not on the same evening, not still standing on the ice, during the same broadcast....

That is ... Something else. To say the least.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

In a week, as part of an Athletics interview around "the long path to glory of Paul Maurice"? ... sure, whatever. But right after Game 7, still literally standing on the freaking ice, only moments after lifting the cup? I wouldn't like that... And you know what? I would advise him to not do thar. Not on the same evening, not still standing on the ice, during the same broadcast....

...and not just Panther fan, but Panther brass too. Wonder how they feel about it.

Reactions: Dirtbag151

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Congratulations, to Paul Maurice and the Panthers. The pinnacle in any sport is very hard to achieve and must be celebrated and recognized.

Stanley Cup Winning Coach Paul Maurice is the new descriptor and introduction. Pretty much any and all failures get washed away by a Championship. Like it or not, that's the way pro sports works.

Yeah that prestige did wonders for Jean Perron when he coached the Moose....

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
They just won the cup, absolutely no one outside of winnipeg is thinking about winnipeg

lol...Until the Panthers coach mentions us immediately after winning the cup with the Panthers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I hope he faces a backlash or anything. I just could see it being a bit of an issue.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019

Nope. Florida fan here

I could never root for the Jets as I grew up a Thrashers fan, but we all understand what Maurice meant and respect him for it. He didn’t get business done in Winnipeg but has a strong emotional attachment to it (that led him to get burnt out)

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012

If the Jets won the cup... I would not care what the coach said after that. Only thing that mattered is winning the cup.

Goodette

Jun 23, 2023
The moment he said the word NEXT I was convinced he has made up his mind that that was his last game. Because how can you not say I hope we can repeat with THIS organization? Not the Jets win soon, NEXT. He's a fisherman now. Going out on top. Congrats to him, very happy for him.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
The moment he said the word NEXT I was convinced he has made up his mind that that was his last game. Because how can you not say I hope we can repeat with THIS organization? Not the Jets win soon, NEXT. He's a fisherman now. Going out on top. Congrats to him, very happy for him.
Ok that’s a great observation!
If it happens good for him
He’s a HoF lock now

Reactions: Dirtbag151

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad