Paul Maurice, Stanley Cup Champion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Paul Maurice deserved the Stanley Cup more than anyone else on either team, and it's not even close.

And I've got to say...if you're a Winnipegger over the age of 40, and you cheer for the Edmonton Oilers, at any time, in any circumstances, there's something wrong with you.

I just wanted two things out of these finals: to be entertained and for both teams to destroy each other. I'm just glad I don't have to listen to my manager at work being unbearable for the entire summer.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
Hey, I cheered for the Oilers in 2006 when we had no team.
I didn't even watch the NHL when we had no team, but I actively cheered against all the other Canadian teams. It was my curse. When the Jets left in 1996 I said that no Canadian team would win the Stanley Cup until Winnipeg got an NHL team back, and that team won the Stanley Cup. 28 years and the curse is still holding.

You're welcome.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I didn't even watch the NHL when we had no team, but I actively cheered against all the other Canadian teams. It was my curse. When the Jets left in 1996 I said that no Canadian team would win the Stanley Cup until Winnipeg got an NHL team back, and that team won the Stanley Cup. 28 years and the curse is still holding.

You're welcome.
Fun fact: the Oilers have still never won the Cup without beating the Jets in the playoffs that year first...

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
His comments go to show how much he loved the city and the org. Maybe someday, the whole story about the how/why he left will get leaked. If it does, people will soften even further

So happy for PoMo
coaches have a life cycle, when you don't win it's hard to sell your message, he was here for 9 years, that's an eternity for a coach, it was time for a change for both sides

Cypruss

Stand up for your beliefs.
Oct 18, 2018
LaSalle, Manitoba
What a great break of a thread from the rampant trade speculations going on. I love the debates for sure.

So happy for Maurice. I have defended his actions for a long time. Pure class and a genuine person.

I was hoping for a Jets vs Panthers final. I was very happy to actually cheer for him and his team when it happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad