Paul Maurice, Stanley Cup Champion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Age is irrelevant in most cases if mental acuity is intact.
Paul is only 57 years old , Chevy is 54
I still wouldn't be shocked if it happens considering that Chipman obviously loves the guy and it would seem it's mutual.
Barry Trotz is 61.....

Congrats Paul
Chevy has 5-7 years left. I think they'll go younger than Maurice at that point.

Reactions: sipowicz

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Watching the different series, there is no way Jets are even close to the Cup with their leadership group on and off the ice.
The one thing that struck me about this year's playoffs is how many calls went against the Jets in round 1, small infractions...then you get to the Cup final, sticks are in the hands, guys being knocked down from behind all over the ice...if anything Jets need more physicality to go all the way, but they have to survive round 1's shit calls.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The one thing that struck me about this year's playoffs is how many calls went against the Jets in round 1, small infractions...then you get to the Cup final, sticks are in the hands, guys being knocked down from behind all over the ice...if anything Jets need more physicality to go all the way, but they have to survive round 1's shit calls.
Cam Charron did an article last year about playoff penalties in the Athletic. The refs call things tight early in the first and second rounds, but they put away the whistles the longer a series goes and the deeper into the playoffs they are.

1719325866548.png

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
Florida may have been playing against the best player in the world, but maybe, just maybe, Paul Maurice is more successful than most at holding off Connor McDavid. You'll never stop him altogether, but it's an interesting stat that the Jets, coached by Maurice, were the last team he scored a goal against, and it didn't happen until McDavid's third season in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad