Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Hope all you soyboys can handle the news tomorrow. God speed, drink your Pumpkin Spiced Latte's carefully tomorrow so you don't burn your lips in disbelief when the Laine alerts hit the interwebs.

Just remember we will still have Gallagher, Armia, Anderson and Evans to lead us to victory plus Michkov. Oh wait.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Hope all you soyboys can handle the news tomorrow. God speed, drink your Pumpkin Spiced Latte's carefully tomorrow so you don't burn your lips in disbelief when the Laine alerts hit the interwebs.

Just remember we will still have Gallagher, Armia, Anderson and Evans to lead us to victory plus Michkov. Oh wait.

Waiting for this player gives me the most hope, tbh.

He's gonna be goooooood.

• Haha
Reactions: Habs

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Michkov, that really stings.

• Love
Reactions: Devonator and Habs

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Imagine both mich and Demi on the habs. It could have happened.

Man I’m pulling for Reinbacher!!

Reactions: Devonator

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
In order for the Habs to have been a potential playoff team this year, we needed both Dach and Laine to be healthy all year and productive. This isn't going to be the case now and the season hasn't even started. So regardless if Laine plays 6 games or 12 games or even 20 games - it's not enough to make a difference. As of right now, this is going to be yet another nothing season.

I won't even get into the Michkov thing. I've said said on that already.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

We all know the news , its 3+ months + 1-2 months of rehabs we know he will be gone all seasons or we will back to play 5-6 games at best. We are used to it. We will have a copy pasta of last season. Just pray that Suzuki stay healthy because if he goes down we are bottom 3 bound.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Hopefully this learns Hughes lesson investing in injury prone players. statically you know odds high he's going to continue to be injured. Laine been injured 4 straight years. Gives Kapanen a spot but losing 9 million in caproom when rosters set is painful. Very poor asset management.

• Haha
Reactions: zeeto

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Hopefully this learns Hughes lesson investing in injury prone players. statically you know odds high he's going to continue to be injured. Laine been injured 4 straight years. Gives Kapanen a spot but losing 9 million in caproom when rosters set is painful. Very poor asset management.
We got paid to take Laine and had zero other options in which to invest that 9m in cap space.

In fact we had zero plans to use Carey Price’s cap hit either.

It was terrific asset management.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

You must be dizzy from all that spin

Murky

Jan 28, 2006
Last year it really was for a late blind side hit to his head that derailed his good start. This year it was a hit to a knee. He is injury prone, but not that injury prone. He has been a ppg player with very little support for a while. It was well worth the risk.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016

It's very difficult to avoid all risk.

In hindsight it's easy to say these things. You also have to factor what we gave up for the potential return/reward. It was well worth it, IMO.

If Laine pots 35-40goals then he looks like a genius (which he technically could still potentially do, if not this year then next).

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

We weren't using that money anyways this year. We'll see if we're losing out next year...

That Columbus 2nd in 2026 will be fire. Really glad we got it...

Have to see the whole picture of this trade, i.e. if/when Laine gets healthy what he does. I like this trade so much I still like it even though Laine's blown out his knee. Hopefully he gets back to 100% and comes back even hungrier for hockey. We've heard a lot about how he just wants to make sure he's happy, ok with his mental health. Next year I want to hear more he just wants to play hockey because he's so hungry for hockey and will appreciate every second he gets to play, and compete, and help the team win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad