Cole Caufield: Is this the year?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How Many Goals Will Caufield Score in 2023/24?

• Total voters

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
He needs to show more. I know it's pre-season, but he gotta score more consistently, or I'll be forced to call him Cold Caufield. :sarcasm: It's been a few seasons now where he starts the year super slow. With Laine out, he's got the best shot on the team. He has to use it ffs.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Why haven't they set him up on the left one time during the preseason during the PP?

michel-therrien-therrien.gif

Calm down Lilly

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He needs to show more. I know it's pre-season, but he gotta score more consistently, or I'll be forced to call him Cold Caufield. :sarcasm: It's been a few seasons now where he starts the year super slow. With Laine out, he's got the best shot on the team. He has to use it ffs.
?

7 goals in his first 9 games in 22-23. Two in his first game that year.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
He seems to have changed his style of game. He wants to play like Suzuki, passing first and use his body to cover the puck (wich he loose many puck battle. He needs to do what is the best. Shooting first mentality.

Reactions: River Meadow

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
He seems to have changed his style of game. He wants to play like Suzuki, passing first and use his body to cover the puck (wich he loose many puck battle. He needs to do what is the best. Shooting first mentality.
I'm not quite happy how his play evolved. He plays a more 200 feet game while not scoring that much. I think his best production of goals were 2 years ago. But his 200 feet game isn't that positive. He loses battles and don't cover well his player in defensive mode. He's always on the verge of exploding offensively but it doesn't happen enough. He's very small in a world of heavy guys. He was drafted 15th too. So far he only have minus +-stats.

Reactions: Hins77

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
You asked me about potential - not certainty.

The potential is there without a doubt. The guy set records coming into the league and immediately dominated once he had a decent coach. scoring that much so quickly is awesome. Very few players can do that. Injury is all that limited him from a career year last year. With a normal shooting percentage he'd have been somewhere between 45-53 goals.

It comes down to health. We simply don't know what that shoulder is going to do to him. It SHOULD be better this year but we don't know that it will.

The potential for a superstar is there without a doubt. But health will determine whether or not he can realize that potential.
Sorry to break it to you, but even healthy CC isn't superstar potential.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Sorry to break it to you, but even healthy CC isn't superstar potential.
Okay, back it up.

What is a superstar to you?

Name another player under 25 who has as many goals per game.

Explain how a guy who broke records in the minors and started his career with 48 in 82 doesn't have superstar potential. Explain how 315 shots and a sub 10 percent shooting percentage on a bum shoulder doesn't indicate that the player has a lot more upside.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He shot more than ever last year. 315 is great.

Training camp is the time for trying out funky stuff. I wouldn't worry too much about this right now.

Still has the potential to be a premiere scorer. Hopefully he realizes it.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
He shot more than ever last year. 315 is great.

Training camp is the time for trying out funky stuff. I wouldn't worry too much about this right now.

Still has the potential to be a premiere scorer. Hopefully he realizes it.

If I have any concerns about Caufield, it's that we still haven't seen proof that his release is back. The rest doesn't really matter right now, as you say.

Reactions: Trabdy2

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If I have any concerns about Caufield, it's that we still haven't seen proof that his release is back. The rest doesn't really matter right now, as you say.
I share your concern.

It absolutely sucks that we landed a great sniper and he got hurt in his second season. It could only happen to us.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Okay, back it up.

What is a superstar to you?

Name another player under 25 who has as many goals per game.

Explain how a guy who broke records in the minors and started his career with 48 in 82 doesn't have superstar potential. Explain how 315 shots and a sub 10 percent shooting percentage on a bum shoulder doesn't indicate that the player has a lot more upside.

Goals per game, Svech, Brady, are all close. They are not superstar potential yet they are way better players than CC

Bum shoulder, he said it was 100%, stop making excuses. He played a full year on a good shoulder and got 28. His shooting % is because he was a perimeter player last year.

I told you, McK, Dria, Matthews, McD, Panarin, Pasta, Kuch just to name a few. If you think he has the potential to be in that crowd, I seriously question your hockey knowledge.

A lot more upside is a heck of a lot different than he has superstar potential. He doesn't.

If you want to go the goal per game route, CC is 39.5% and Laine is 42.5% and one of these guys has hit 40+ once, and 30+ twice. If you want to talk superstar, maybe we should include PL.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Goals per game, Svech, Brady, are all close
So nobody then?

Okay.
They are not superstar potential yet they are way better players than CC
The only reason they are close is because of CC's shoulder.
Bum shoulder, he said it was 100%, stop making excuses. He played a full year on a good shoulder and got 28. His shooting % is because he was a perimeter player last year.
Yeah, he said it was 100 percent. And then his shooting percentage got cut in half for most of the year.
I told you, McK, Dria, Matthews, McD, Panarin, Pasta, Kuch just to name a few. If you think he has the potential to be in that crowd, I seriously question your hockey knowledge.
Superstars for one person will differ for another. If it's McDavid or Matthews then sure... he won't be a superstar.

But I'd argue that a guy who can consistently get 45-50+ goals counts as a superstar. If you don't then we're talking at cross purposes here. And that's cool because superstar is an undefined term.
A lot more upside is a heck of a lot different than he has superstar potential. He doesn't.

If you want to go the goal per game route, CC is 39.5% and Laine is 42.5% and one of these guys has hit 40+ once, and 30+ twice. If you want to talk superstar, maybe we should include PL.
PL had superstar talent without a doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad