Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
We finally had our own Goligoski for Neal trade! That's why you never have too much defencemen.
It just makes sense, working from a position of abundance at LD.. so logical, and yet we've missed this for 30+ years..

It really is a breath of fresh air having an actual professional GM (not some explayer) with razor sharp odds calculations.. house always wins..

At this rate Laval is going to be equally powerful in 3years, making our farm system a commodity..

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
At this rate Laval is going to be equally powerful in 3years, making our farm system a commodity..
On this I doubt. There are so many players from Europe leagues, Russia etc that we pick and don't bother to come here for the AHL that our farm is affected

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
On this I doubt. There are so many players from Europe leagues, Russia etc that we pick and don't bother to come here for the AHL that our farm is affected
Give it time.. they'll start coming if they want to crack a spot on the big club (or get traded like Harris) either way, players will go where they will be showcased the best (habs or someone else).. Demidov being the exception, clearly.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'm so down for this season

Even tho I expect us to finish at the bottom of the Atlantic division, I feel like the team will be fun to watch, and Laine will be a must see show
Powerplay clicks I think we should get in playoffs. Our PP among worst in league and 36 1 goal losses see. Even if we cut that in half, Should jump us up close to 90 points

Unless we get wrecked with injuries yet again, our powerplay should be much improved. Hutson I predict good quarterback, Laine good sniper also. A lot of respect for Matheson but I like Hutson on the left point.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Powerplay clicks I think we should get in playoffs. Our PP among worst in league and 36 1 goal losses see. Even if we cut that in half, Should jump us up close to 90 points

Unless we get wrecked with injuries yet again, our powerplay should be much improved. Hutson I predict good quarterback, Laine good sniper also. A lot of respect for Matheson but I like Hutson on the left point.

I agree. There are some areas where if we improve, it changes things more than most realize. Our chances at making the playoffs are not 0-10%. It's a reach to say we will make it but it's also weak to say we won't even come close.

16 pts or 8 wins is the difference. Basically 1 win/month ish. And last season, we accepted tank strategy from TDL to end of season as well.

One area I hope Laine doesn't change is his willingness to shoot the puck. He's joining a new team with lots of young talent and I bet you he passes the puck in shooting areas in some areas. Hopefully he maintains that shooter mentality.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
It just makes sense, working from a position of abundance at LD.. so logical, and yet we've missed this for 30+ years..

It really is a breath of fresh air having an actual professional GM (not some explayer) with razor sharp odds calculations.. house always wins..

Kent next goal is probably to improve Laval. They have been missing the playoff for multiple years.

Reactions: themilosh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad