Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
All I can tell you is this

80% of the time you will be screaming at your TV when he turns the puck over in the neutral zone

20% of the time you will be screaming at your TV in awe of his laser shot
Dont worry about the first part

We see Matheson dropping the pucks twice on the same PP and we seen Armia doing nothing on the board for like 5 years , Gallagher shooting from the board line and Anderson passing the puck into narnia.

We are used to it , it still can't be worse than Drouin

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I know people will be up in arms, but if we lose Dach to injury, I'd give Laine a shot at C. He looked pretty good there in my limited viewings during his short stint. He's genuinely decent defensively when he puts the effort in.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If Dach and Laine are healthy , I expect to never see Gallagher or Anderson on the PP.

If those 2 ever see the ice over Laine Dach Suzuki Slaf Caufield Matheson Hutson Guhle and Newhook im gonna flip
Our PP has potential to be so f***ing stacked. I don't even know the best mix.

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Caufield
Laine - Hutson

Feels so wrong to leave Dach and Matheson off. Let them wreak havoc on the 2nd unit I suppose.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
PL will lead the habs in goals next year, book it.

I can easily see that.

At this moment, the best scenario it's that after 2 years with Habs, he will sign for 6 years (less than 8,7) and be with that group for many years to come.

This is not a "Monahan type of trade", I'm very sure that Hughes want to see Laine succeed right now and try to keep him for long time.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yeah and with the addition of Demidov they’ll have to find the best fit of players on the PP too.
Yeah that's going to be unreal. Maybe we don't stack PP1, just aim for best chemistry and try to run the hottest group or split time? It's a good problem to have.

Reactions: SlafySZN

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Yeah that's going to be unreal. Maybe we don't stack PP1, just aim for best chemistry and try to run the hottest group or split time? It's a good problem to have.
That would probably be the best thing to do, to try and split. All of Suzuki, Slaf, Demidov and Dach are more of pass first/playmaker type and as of now Caufield and Laine as shooters. Would be weird to put all of Demidov, Slaf, Suzuki on PP1 at the same time as playmakers with barely 1 on the 2nd unit but we’ll have time to think about it lol!

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Man i have him 1st in 2016 above Matthews.
Why did you peak at 19 bro?
Anyway, now ain't the time to give up! Better late than never!
We're coming at you Matthews!!!

As an overall player he definitely improved after that, it felt like Columbus tried to make him do everything but shoot. At 19 his shot was doing a lot of the heavy lifting for the rest of his game.

I hope Montreal lets him play to his strengths though because his shot is unreal. No more playing him at center and all that just let the man clap bombs!

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
As an overall player he definitely improved after that, it felt like Columbus tried to make him do everything but shoot. At 19 his shot was doing a lot of the heavy lifting for the rest of his game.

I hope Montreal lets him play to his strengths though because his shot is unreal. No more playing him at center and all that just let the man clap bombs!
I thought he did pretty well at center last year in his short stint there but yes, let him have fun and play his game

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Our PP has potential to be so f***ing stacked. I don't even know the best mix.

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Caufield
Laine - Hutson

Feels so wrong to leave Dach and Matheson off. Let them wreak havoc on the 2nd unit I suppose.
If we go with what you have, the 2nd unit will have Dach, Newhook, Roy, and Matheson on it. Then maybe Dvo or Armia in front of the net. That would be great.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
If you look at the stats alone, if Laine plays between 60-70 games, he’s pretty much a guarantee to score at lease 25 goals. Also upside of scoring 30-40 goals if he stays healthy for 82 games. In his last 4-5 seasons, he has about the same amount of assists.

On paper if he plays 82 games, expect 30 goals, 40 assists for 70 points. This guy is almost a point a game player if healthy.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Last time the guy played 60 games in a season was before COVID.

Him playing 50 games and scoring 20 would be a win.

But wouldn't be shocked if he's injured/out by November.

Yeah his body seems pretty banged up. Ankle, elbow, oblique, wrist, triceps, undisclosed upper/lower injuries... ouch! Hughes seemed confident though so we'll see.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I can easily see that.

At this moment, the best scenario it's that after 2 years with Habs, he will sign for 6 years (less than 8,7) and be with that group for many years to come.

This is not a "Monahan type of trade", I'm very sure that Hughes want to see Laine succeed right now and try to keep him for long time.
We will wait to see if he can stays healthy, if he can rebecome what he was and if he fits with the teams before thinking about a 6 years extension with him

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
p0izn3i3dqjd1.jpeg

This sums it up for me. All of a sudden I'm believer in this guy's ability to bounce back to form.

The highlight packs that have been posted was all I needed to see.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
We will wait to see if he can stays healthy, if he can rebecome what he was and if he fits with the teams before thinking about a 6 years extension with him
I reviewed his past injuries prior to his broken clavicle last season. In 2023 he injured his triceps and in 2022 he had an ankle injury. He also missed games because of covid. These are not chronic recurrences so there is no reason to believe there is an inherent vulnerability. In both those years he was hovering around a PPG in 50 plus games. He had not dropped off his abilities compared to his Winnipeg years. His shooting percentage has always been around 12-14% with a year or two around 18% in his first 2 years. If his head is in it, he puts in the effort and avoids random injuries there is nothing to prevent him from reaching his usual form.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
ok. Hughes now has a option nobody has realized. Lets go back to the habs vs tampa bay. Kucherov out for most of the season letting Tampa enter the playoffs 20 million over the cap. So if Laine plays some games and then again has an injury before the trade deadline ( just like Kucherov goes on ltir) hughes now has that 8.7 open to get a good player and then 3 days before the playoffs ( oh look Lanie is cured ) all I am saying is hughes now has the " tampa option"
'

Reactions: behemolari

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
With the addition of Laine how close to being legitimately able to compete for a playoff spot?
1 player? 2?

If Laine is even at 75% capacity of his best, I think we’re close to a wild card contender right now, assuming natural progression of our core pieces.

We won’t beat the true contenders, but Laine gives us another legit weapon up front. Defence is still a problem given the youth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad