Player Discussion Patrik Laine

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MagicalDeck

Mar 17, 2006
not players... time. The D corps is too young and inexperienced.
That's my main concern as well. The core is in place up front, but we have just lost an experienced pairing with Harris and Kovacevic. Not sure if Hutson/Mailloux/Barron/Strubble are ready to replace them just yet.

But regardless, I love the trade and it had to be made. Just not sure if it would cause our D to be bad in the short term.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Welcome Patrick Laine! this is exciting at the same time we still want to keep expectation low.
It is nice to think that KH just fulfill is promise that he made when he acquired Dach, "we're going to play so offence"
I think that playing with Dach who is great at controling the puck and gainning the zone creating space Laine will bounce right back.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Suzuki
Laine
Slafkovsky
Caufield

that's four very good shooting options from the half circles on the power play. in the Bergevin era we had ... zero :help:
Not discussed anywhere but fighting for first line minutes and #1PP time will be cutthroat. Which we haven’t seen in decades. Then you add Demidov. Not everyone will be happy all the time.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Laine-Suzuki-Slafkovsky has the potential to be the most busted line in the NHL.

I can't wait for them to try it. Two 6'4 gods for our captain? I'm sure he's crying at home at the beauty of this.

Then a combination of Dach, Cole, Josh, Newie and Demigod? f*** right off.

Not discussed anywhere but fighting for first line minutes and #1PP time will be cutthroat. Which we haven’t seen in decades. Then you add Demidov. Not everyone will be happy all the time.
I'll say it but if Laine pans out, Cole is the odd man out.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
f***ing hell this feels nice. We basically got a potential 50g scorer for free and uphold on Harris. What a good day.

I would be happy with 40 goal season from him, but if he put 50g... wow!! He would be sign for 6 years after that.

He is only 1 years older than Suzuki!! That's amazing!!

Kovalev trade 2.0 potential!!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Okay I'm eating my crow or in this case seagull.
But I also want to see a good handful of our members doing the same in the "Right Direction" thread and in the "Hockey Ops" thread.
Not to mention the battering some gave Hughes in the "trade" thread. :laugh:

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
How about we are happy if he gives us 30-30 on the second line and anything more is a bonus ?

Good.

But I truly believe that this guy can put 40g.

If he can do that in his 2 years remaining, welcome back with a contract like 6 years.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
The best thing about Laine with Habs, it's that he is only 1 years older than Suzuki.

If everything goes ok, Laine will play with the core very longtime. That's incredible to acquire a type of player to join the core.

I'm very confident that's everything going to work well, Laine will be a fantastic player with a young team like that and a coach like MSL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad