NFL GDT: Week 2: Groundhog Day for Kirk Cousins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It’s Week 2, but Week 1 for Amazon’s package, which I would bet they’re going to start getting the Week 1 Friday next year once they pay stupid money for it.

The game is a divisional rivalry, the Bills head to Miami, where they won late last season that skipped them into the division win and sent the Dolphins to Kansas City, where the temperature was negative integers. So, this game is important. The Bills have half their defense injured as usual, while the Dolphins will be without one of their top and perhaps both running backs. Hopefully the Dolphins can have a game without an international incident.

Sunday maps, taken from 506sports.com

IMG_7395.jpeg

Surely the Titans won’t give away their home opener, but they’re playing the Jets so you never know.

There seems to be more transparency this week regarding CMC’s status, which is trending toward out. It’s a rare revenge game for the 49ers who lost to the Vikings last year, but they now have the 49ers backup QB.

IMG_7396.jpeg

The Bengals are already in a tough spot, they gotta go to KC, and face their third straight 0-2 start. They looked poor last week losing to a team everyone is picking to be the worst team in the league, and sounds like they won’t have Tee Higgins. A loss here, they almost definitely will have to come back to KC if they want to go to the Super Bowl. Which they’ve done before! But as a believer in them, you can’t keep doing that if you want to be a top dog.

We’re getting robbed of the Russell Wilson back in Denver return game, which nobody wanted to see.

IMG_7397.jpeg

I got a feeling that the Saints are gonna experience a much higher level of competition this week. Playing host to the Carolina Panthers as opposed to going to Dallas are gonna be two different worlds. They already claim the building itself is a ‘world’ so, it may not even be conceptual.

I don’t know if we got a starting QB for the Packers while Jordan Love nurses his MCL injury. But if the Packers are true quarterback savants, maybe they’ve figured out how to get Malik Willis to throw the ball.

The Giants looked real bad last week. So bad that the Vikings got a rare win before the last handful of plays. A loss in Washington, following the clown show that was the offseason hard knocks, and watching Saquon Barkley go to a division rival and put up 3 touchdowns, there’s gonna be some seats set on fire for Big Blue.

Sunday Night: Chicago @ Houston

Two teams looking to go 2-0 in two very different ways. Last week, the Bears were the first team in NFL history to win a game while trailing by 17 points with less than 150 yards of offense. They had a blocked punt for a touchdown, two interceptions (one returned for a touchdown), and a fumble in the second half last week. It was a very Chicago Bears way to win. This is a matchup built on the young quarterbacks, Caleb Williams vs. CJ Stroud, a safe play early in the season. The Houston Texans way to win seems simple: make enough stops on defense to let CJ Stroud ball out.

Monday Night: Atlanta @ Philadelphia

IMG_7398.jpeg

You can take the Vikings out of Philadelphia during prime time in week 2, but you can’t take Kirk Cousins from it. It’s the third year in a row that Cousins is doing this, and maybe playing for a new team will get him a win. Maybe he’ll even not turn into a pumpkin during prime time. Don’t get down early, the Eagles were ahead 24-7 and 27-7 the past two years. The Eagles get the extra day off coming back from Brazil, they still have a lot of things to work out. The defense has to find a pass rush (starting to think Nolan Smith ain’t gonna happen), while Jalen Hurts was nearly the the goat (not he good kind) in trying to play hero. Saquon Barkley still got the juice to bail them out.

May all your fantasy players not decide at the last minute that they’re not playing, despite all indications otherwise.

Babe Ruth

Looks wise.. I'm a solid 8.5
Feb 2, 2016
It’s Week 2, but Week 1 for Amazon’s package, which I would bet they’re going to start getting the Week 1 Friday next year once they pay stupid money for it.

The game is a divisional rivalry, the Bills head to Miami, where they won late last season that skipped them into the division win and sent the Dolphins to Kansas City, where the temperature was negative integers. So, this game is important. The Bills have half their defense injured as usual, while the Dolphins will be without one of their top and perhaps both running backs. Hopefully the Dolphins can have a game without an international incident.

Sunday maps, taken from 506sports.com

View attachment 906502

Surely the Titans won’t give away their home opener, but they’re playing the Jets so you never know.

There seems to be more transparency this week regarding CMC’s status, which is trending toward out. It’s a rare revenge game for the 49ers who lost to the Vikings last year, but they now have the 49ers backup QB.

View attachment 906503

The Bengals are already in a tough spot, they gotta go to KC, and face their third straight 0-2 start. They looked poor last week losing to a team everyone is picking to be the worst team in the league, and sounds like they won’t have Tee Higgins. A loss here, they almost definitely will have to come back to KC if they want to go to the Super Bowl. Which they’ve done before! But as a believer in them, you can’t keep doing that if you want to be a top dog.

We’re getting robbed of the Russell Wilson back in Denver return game, which nobody wanted to see.

View attachment 906504

I got a feeling that the Saints are gonna experience a much higher level of competition this week. Playing host to the Carolina Panthers as opposed to going to Dallas are gonna be two different worlds. They already claim the building itself is a ‘world’ so, it may not even be conceptual.

I don’t know if we got a starting QB for the Packers while Jordan Love nurses his MCL injury. But if the Packers are true quarterback savants, maybe they’ve figured out how to get Malik Willis to throw the ball.

The Giants looked real bad last week. So bad that the Vikings got a rare win before the last handful of plays. A loss in Washington, following the clown show that was the offseason hard knocks, and watching Saquon Barkley go to a division rival and put up 3 touchdowns, there’s gonna be some seats set on fire for Big Blue.

Sunday Night: Chicago @ Houston

Two teams looking to go 2-0 in two very different ways. Last week, the Bears were the first team in NFL history to win a game while trailing by 17 points with less than 150 yards of offense. They had a blocked punt for a touchdown, two interceptions (one returned for a touchdown), and a fumble in the second half last week. It was a very Chicago Bears way to win. This is a matchup built on the young quarterbacks, Caleb Williams vs. CJ Stroud, a safe play early in the season. The Houston Texans way to win seems simple: make enough stops on defense to let CJ Stroud ball out.

Monday Night: Atlanta @ Philadelphia

View attachment 906509

You can take the Vikings out of Philadelphia during prime time in week 2, but you can’t take Kirk Cousins from it. It’s the third year in a row that Cousins is doing this, and maybe playing for a new team will get him a win. Maybe he’ll even not turn into a pumpkin during prime time. Don’t get down early, the Eagles were ahead 24-7 and 27-7 the past two years. The Eagles get the extra day off coming back from Brazil, they still have a lot of things to work out. The defense has to find a pass rush (starting to think Nolan Smith ain’t gonna happen), while Jalen Hurts was nearly the the goat (not he good kind) in trying to play hero. Saquon Barkley still got the juice to bail them out.

May all your fantasy players not decide at the last minute that they’re not playing, despite all indications otherwise.
These are cool broadcast maps, thanks for sharing 'em. Seems strange there's an isolated market in Oregon showing Chargers-Panthers(?)
I remember during the early '00s, when LA had lost both Raiders & Rams.. there was an astroturfed effort by local radio to adopt the San Diego Chargers.. but nobody was with that.

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
These are cool broadcast maps, thanks for sharing 'em. Seems strange there's an isolated market in Oregon showing Chargers-Panthers(?)
I remember during the early '00s, when LA had lost both Raiders & Rams.. there was an astroturfed effort by local radio to adopt the San Diego Chargers.. but nobody was with that.
The Justin Herbert effect. Some markets will carry certain teams a lot for various reasons such as Hawaii getting a lot of Dolphins games due to Tua.

Edit: yes, as I thought, its the Eugene market that gets that game. If I recall, last week, Baton Rouge, LA picked up the Bucs/Wash game for Jayden Daniels.

Last edited:

Jovavic

Concept of a Plan
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I also appreciate the maps, saves me from having to look it up myself. Hoping for a good game from the Texans though the defense gives me anxiety, I feel like if Williams gets on a roll he'll get dialed in and will be tougher to stop.

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
As I said in the Weekly picks thread, if not now, then when? True, the game is at night so the sun won't be beating down on the Bills but the humidity right now is still gross as all hell & at night the air actually gets more still (less to no breeze) than in the day. heat indexes will still likely be in the 90's to near 100. They absolutely have to try to wear the Bills down i.e. run the damn ball all night long. The defense looked much improved from last year in the 2nd half of the Jags game. Maybe Weaver finds a scheme to slow Allen down.

Bottom line, this is a game the Dolphins absolutely can not lose.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
As I said in the Weekly picks thread, if not now, then when? True, the game is at night so the sun won't be beating down on the Bills but the humidity right now is still gross as all hell & at night the air actually gets more still (less to no breeze) than in the day. heat indexes will still likely be in the 90's to near 100. They absolutely have to try to wear the Bills down i.e. run the damn ball all night long. The defense looked much improved from last year in the 2nd half of the Jags game. Maybe Weaver finds a scheme to slow Allen down.

McDermott will step off the plane. Grab a quick 8 ball, go kick coach nerd right in the stick , get half a dozen hookers and call it a night.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Lol McDaniel committing to the run game? that's cute.

Doubly so with Mostert out and Achane a game time decision.

• Haha
Reactions: PanthersPens62

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
McDermott is coming off his biggest holiday of the year. The number of 9/11 references he probably will make to his team today will be off the charts. Now, will that result in a motivated or thoroughly confused Bills team? Only time will tell.
The Bills will have fully adopted the “Atta Mindset” tonight. Miami’s in for a tough one

• Wow
Reactions: Romang67

PanthersPens62

Paul & Stanley
Mar 7, 2009
Home of The Cup
Sounds as if Achane is good to go tonight barring a pre-game setback. So lets run run run run run with him, Wilson & Wright & show those Bills we can adapt to a new game plan.......and of course pray that Achane is not taken off the field on a cart because he is as brittle as anyone I've seen in ages. :(

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Sounds as if Achane is good to go tonight barring a pre-game setback. So lets run run run run run with him, Wilson & Wright & show those Bills we can adapt to a new game plan.......and of course pray that Achane is not taken off the field on a cart because he is as brittle as anyone I've seen in ages. :(
Running is a luxury the Fins won't have being down 14 early.

I'd kill flpper for a tuna sandwich!!

( ^ that's an old school reference)

• Haha
Reactions: PanthersPens62

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Trying to decide whether to play Khalil Shakir on my roster tonight. Its’s a TD only league starting 3x WR. Have 6x quality guys: Brandin Cooks, Jayden Reed (Love out), Demarcus Robinson (Nacau is out so he’s WR2), plus two dinged guys in Tee Higgins and Jameson Williams.

Leaning towards benching Shakir and running with the best three out of five when the injury info is more clear Sunday.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
“Mac Hollins is the weirdest teammate I’ve ever had, he warms up bare foot and reads numerous books while he is in the road, he is so weird”

- Ryan Fitzpatrick

Ummmm Ok 🤨

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
I fully expect Miami to do this and run it well. Which Coach Nerd will inexplicably abandon in the 2nd half... For reasons?`Who knows. The guy can be a head scratcher.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I fully expect Miami to do this and run it well. Which Coach Nerd will inexplicably abandon in the 2nd half... For reasons?`Who knows. The guy can be a head scratcher.
More like 2nd drive

"alright, all of my scripted runs are done so it's time to throw that part of the playbook into the incinerator"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad